GDT: Devils vs. Blue Jackets - 5:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
:laugh:

Leadership issues, eh? If a team sucks for multiple years with only a dim light at the end of the tunnel, it doesn't matter if you have a group of great leaders. People will start to tune them out. I don't care who you are. How motivational you are. It doesn't matter. In the 4th year of complete suckage, you eventually tell Andy Greene or whoever to shut the **** up already or just nod and nod until he stops talking. Unless you are a young guy that is trying to make the roster, of course.

I love how people constantly ignore the human element of players. Just like people think Hall is happy here. You would have to be oblivious to think that under the circumstances.

OR Coaching. Its time to shake things up big time.
My initial response to player leadership applies to the coach as well. That's why it's so rare to see coaches turn around consecutive dismal seasons.

I was a Hynes skeptic the day Stevens was shown the door. I still don't understand that move. I get you want "your guys", but I didn't see harm in keeping a HOF dman who appeared to have a very positive impact on the players during his tenure.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'd give them some time. All of those guys do the little things well it just seems they have trouble making that extra move or creating enough separation to make a play right now.

Pretty much all career AHLers with little impact upside.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Pretty much all career AHLers with little impact upside.

I would agree aside from Blandisi.

I really hope the Devils can add guys like Zubrus in the off-season for a middle-six and bottom-six spot. We really need to add those forwards that can make the young kids lives easier when they play with them, not guys like Bennett/Parenteau who have faults of their own.

A forward in the mold of guys like Hansen/Stempniak, maybe a fourth liner like Trevor Lewis. Just speaking from a style point of view.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I would agree aside from Blandisi.

I really hope the Devils can add guys like Zubrus in the off-season for a middle-six and bottom-six spot. We really need to add those forwards that can make the young kids lives easier when they play with them, not guys like Bennett/Parenteau who have faults of their own.

A forward in the mold of guys like Hansen/Stempniak, maybe a fourth liner like Trevor Lewis. Just speaking from a style point of view.

EHhh I think Coleman can potentially be an effective 4th liner. Same with Nosen.

Lappin as well.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
EHhh I think Coleman can potentially be an effective 4th liner. Same with Nosen.

Lappin as well.

Well then it's basically just a tad higher than what DD said.

Noesen is a tricky one for me, because you can see his intentions and his vision are there, but his head moves way faster than his feet/hands. He's made some nifty passes to create offense and you can see him attempt some nice passing plays at times as well.

Just seems like his puck skills are just poor. Similar to Wood.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Well then it's basically just a tad higher than what DD said.

Noesen is a tricky one for me, because you can see his intentions and his vision are there, but his head moves way faster than his feet/hands. He's made some nifty passes to create offense and you can see him attempt some nice passing plays at times as well.

Just seems like his puck skills are just poor. Similar to Wood.

Well you need effective bottom 6ers too and we can fill those roles internally still I think.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What's the count of AHL'ers for us on the ice for that goal?

Stollery has been brutal today.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Columbus is quite streaky. Maybe more of an bubble team that is propped up by that 16 game streak.

It always seems like they're either on some insane winning streak or some ridiculous losing streak.

It seems like that every year since they've been in our division.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Well you need effective bottom 6ers too and we can fill those roles internally still I think.

But I think the Devils need to add those players that can provide a smooth transition for those guys.

Very seldom do you get a guy that comes up and is capable of carrying a line. You need those guys to play that can carry them when they need that. Just think of what Josefson did with Zacha for a while. He could be the fourth line player in that role, but I'd love to add a guy in the middle-six that can do the same.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He was quite bad there.
He also had the puck stole from him behind the net and it led to the only dangerous chance for the Jackets in the 1st period. Cory was able to make the save.
Nice goal Cory

Eh I don't think that's nearly a bad goal.

It wasn't even a bad rebound (which I can already read someone complaining about in my head) The puck deflected before getting to him on the initial shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad