GDT: Devils vs. Blue Jackets - 5:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
This team's record is 1000 times more terrifying over the last month+ when you factor in the unsustainable PP% clip...

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
But why? Don't you realize that he's on pace for ONE fewer point (over 82 games) than he was last year and he's on the worst team at offense that he's ever played for?

There a player on pace for 64 points on this ****ing team! That's the sad part....

I meant goal-wise. He was brought in to score goals and he's missed so many glorious scoring chances. Those don't fall on his linemates. All on him.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe we're mandated to start starters today?

The Blue Jackets are too, but Torts played his backup last night in Ottawa.:amazed:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
His point total is fine considering how snakebitten he is.

He seems to be checking out, which sucks but also isn't surprising with the season in the dumpster.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I meant goal-wise. He was brought in to score goals and he's missed so many glorious scoring chances.

He has never scored 30 goals. He is a play driver that is what he does.

It has already been discussed to death that his shooting percentage is unsustainably low and he is badly snake bitten

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I meant goal-wise. He was brought in to score goals and he's missed so many glorious scoring chances.

I agree that if there's one thing I think he could have been providing more this season, it's probably goals.

He's producing a bit below last season's pace goal wise.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They play the Bouncing Souls at our arena, but of course it's their worst song.

Steve sounds weird today, this is what he sounds like sometimes when calling the game on the road in certain buildings.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Personally I think it's about his feelings and his mentality about this whole thing...those are just off for some reason. He just looks and sounds like he's not in this wholeheartedly. He just doesn't seem happy with the Devils.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The hilarious part is workload was the reason given why Cory didn't start the back to back games against the Isles when we WERE still on the fringe of staying in the race, but now that we're not let's just go ahead and run him into the ground, makes perfect sense. Kinkaid shouldn't be on the team if he's not going to play now.

One thing that crossed my mind was, maybe they're really not happy after that last performance from him in Brooklyn.

But we're in garbage time here and I think he deserves a chance to bounce back in a back to back set and in garbage time. It was only one really terrible game, as terrible as he was that game. It's not like he's had anything else that was nearly that bad this season.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Personally I think it's about his feelings and his mentality about this whole thing...those are just off for some reason. He just looks and sounds like he's not in this wholeheartedly. He just doesn't seem happy with the Devils.

Good. Anyone happy with this cluster**** of a team needs a reality check.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Well said.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
I know these guys are pros, but Hall has got to be bummed out by his situation. Just starting to see light at the end of the tunnel on a brutal rebuild, and he gets sent to a team that's further away. Meanwhile Edmonton is finally headed to the playoffs.

He seems like he'd be a lot more effective on a good team. He needs some talent to surround him.

As Shero said the other day, we've got to draft our way out of this. It's going to take a while.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I see chicken little has made multiple appearances in this thread already.

We should trade Hall. He isn't smiling enough.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'd like to see Hall value the puck better and hustle more in backchecking.
Along with showing a little more emotion.
The team and fans rely on him as the pulse of the team.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I meant goal-wise. He was brought in to score goals and he's missed so many glorious scoring chances. Those don't fall on his linemates. All on him.

He was brought into put up points which he has. This doom and gloom by you about hall is ridiculous

Hard to look exceptional when you're the only top line talent on the team

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Prout is obviously a weaker skater but I actually like his play. I think he's smart but his skating holds him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad