GDT: Devils v Panthers @ 7pm Jan 31st - Motivation Edition

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I was thinking the same thing earlier today.

Then again, the Devils doctors are not very good

In February only 5 out of 13 games are against opposition with a higher point total. Did not count the sens and leafs which are pretty similar next week.

MullerBrotenVerbeek

Aug 2, 2013
Well of course. He is the Lithuanian Love Machine after all.

well done zubie...
4A974181-0029-438C-BB80-66FA221AD8D3_LG.JPG

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I pose this question. Their was a time when this team out possessed and out shot teams last year for a lot of games. So many people here were frustrated this team could not get the win. Would you rather get these boring games with a win, or games where we get offensive chances but can't win?

I'm frustrated these seem to be the only two options. I don't get why we're the only team in hockey that has to either play the most boring, inefficient game to get wins or has to lead the world in Fenwick/Corsi only to get losses (though not as much of that this year).

But that LOUD bronx cheer at the end of the second period made the final forty minutes worth it tonight, it was one of the most hilarious experiences as a fan.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I'm frustrated these seem to be the only two options. I don't get why we're the only team in hockey that has to either play the most boring, inefficient game to get wins or has to lead the world in Fenwick/Corsi only to get losses (though not as much of that this year).

But that LOUD bronx cheer at the end of the second period made the final forty minutes worth it tonight, it was one of the most hilarious experiences as a fan.

Maybe this will cheer you up. Kinkaid post game:

oops wrong link. here we go...

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
I pose this question. Their was a time when this team out possessed and out shot teams last year for a lot of games. So many people here were frustrated this team could not get the win. Would you rather get these boring games with a win, or games where we get offensive chances but can't win?
there will be outcome bias in the answers cause we won but that may be the worst NHL game I have ever seen.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
Apparently they were together for 12 years before getting married in 2011. Is he nuts? I'd have been on one knee after a week!
..and there he is on the tmz film after game six of the finals getting in a cab with another woman ....shm

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
there will be outcome bias in the answers cause we won but that may be the worst NHL game I have ever seen.

Like one of my friends said after the game, it doesn't say much for the Devils OR the Panthers that we won a game getting four shots in forty minutes.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Their last three games have been absolutely heinous. Like giving the sport a black eye, type bad.

And yet five points out of six.

This team just does not make any sense though, asthetically pleasing in losses last year and play like garbage in wins this year. The advanced stats people have gotta be going through the roof with this team.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

This team just does not make any sense though, asthetically pleasing in losses last year and play like garbage in wins this year. The advanced stats people have gotta be going through the roof with this team.

We are honestly one of the biggest statistical anomalies in sports the last 5 years or so. Nothing we do makes any sense.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Kinkaid was very good tonight.
He is a legit goaltender in this league.

Sux he didn't get the shutout.

Harrold knocked him over and he didn't have time to recover.

Bench that weak scrub harrold next game.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The first PP unit blew tonight.

Just end the Totoo experiment.
No one will pass to him on it so it negates the extra man advantage.
The .2nd unit was good and the Bernier to Cammy goal was sweet.
Fyi Larsson was the best defenseman on the ice again.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Newark mayor Ras Baraka was in Fire Lounge seats tonight in a customized Devils jersey.

Good to see his relationship with the Devils strong compared to the nonsense between Booker and Jeff.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

We're 6-2-2 in our last 10 games, despite averaging just 20 shots per game over that span.:laugh:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Ovechkin had 57% of the shots that the entire Devils team had in this game in his game against Montreal...

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Newark mayor Ras Baraka was in Fire Lounge seats tonight in a customized Devils jersey.

Good to see his relationship with the Devils strong compared to the nonsense between Booker and Jeff.

I've noticed that they now have Newark cops at a few lights down Broad Street directing post-game traffic through red lights in order to help facilitate a faster egress from the arena lots. I figured that was also a good sign of a better relationship between owners and mayor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad