Confirmed with Link: Devils to sign Paul Thompson to NHL Deal

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
Makes sense now why he didn't get a call up. Can't hurt to give the guy an NHL shot next year, he's certainly earned it. Besides, it's not like we super deep on forward talent :handclap:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know this sounds bad, but two different times I read deal as dead and thought that the guy had died.

That's how bad my eyes have gotten. :help:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Not sure I would waste a contract on a 27 year old who has had one decent season in the AHL, but whatever

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not sure I would waste a contract on a 27 year old who has had one decent season in the AHL, but whatever

It will be a two way for sure, so we won't have to worry about him having to be in the NHL/or paid NHL salary regardless of where he plays.

I'm not sure if he'll continue this pace next year.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It will be a two way for sure, so we won't have to worry about him having to be in the NHL/or paid NHL salary regardless of where he plays.

I'm not sure if he'll continue this pace next year.

I'm not worried about the money, I'm worried about the 50 contract limit.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Oh it's for next season.

I wouldn't be to worried about the limit. We already dumped two NHL contracts and 3 more will be gone.

Imagine some guys will be out of Albany too.

AusDev

Jan 13, 2015
Yeah, Lou will have a pretty good idea of how many contract spots he will have for next year. He knows who he is going to let go, and how many free agents and prospects he hopes to sign. I doubt he does this if there is any chance of hitting the limit.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Thompson has had more than a decent ahl season.

Meh....he had 15 points in 69 games last season and wasn't much better in his season before that.

I know he's tied for 2nd in the league in goals... just not all that impressed...he's tied with Bobby Butler in goals after all.

Last edited:

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
Lou needs to get off his ass and start signing some of these undrafted college free agents. Use Harris' fat wad of money and start getting some talent in here like Casey Bailey out of Penn State. Enough of these ham and eggers out of Albany like Sislo, Tortilla Chip, and Fraser.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lou needs to get off his ass and start signing some of these undrafted college free agents. Use Harris' fat wad of money and start getting some talent in here like Casey Bailey out of Penn State. Enough of these ham and eggers out of Albany like Sislo, Tortilla Chip, and Fraser.

I remember people telling me how good Sislo was before this season.

Doesn't belong anywhere near NHL ice. Not even during training camp, when all AHL players participate.

One of the only guys (as well as Tortilla Chip) in Albany that probably can't outscore Zubrus in the NHL.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Not expecting much given his age, but what the hell, it's worth a shot. Lord knows we need forward help. At least he could provide some competition in camp next year.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Hmm we're at 45 now. Obviously some free agents coming and going. We're fine

Edit: 46 actually

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I remember people telling me how good Sislo was before this season.

Doesn't belong anywhere near NHL ice. Not even during training camp, when all AHL players participate.

One of the only guys (as well as Tortilla Chip) in Albany that probably can't outscore Zubrus in the NHL.

Look at how the young guys have performed since DeBoers been fired. Im not so quick to judge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad