Confirmed with Link: Devils to honor '95 Cup team March 8

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah and they didn't skate around with or even touch the Cup either, nothing about that ceremony was Ranger-like

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Yeah and they didn't skate around with or even touch the Cup either, nothing about that ceremony was Ranger-like

I wonder if this weekend was as special to Gomez as the Victoria Cup... :sarcasm:

83078510-scott-gomez-of-rangers-shakes-hand-with-one-gettyimages.jpg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
they skated the cup around msg? :laugh:

thats hillarious

….having the cup there is plenty enough for the fans and for photos

Technically I don't think they had an anniversary celebration for the Cup yet BUT they took a victory lap with it during the banner raising ceremony the following season and I'm about 95% sure Messier had it on hand and lifted it up during his own number retirement ceremony, which is actually worse.

Yep, just checked YT Messier did indeed lift the Cup during his number retirement lol

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Also, that screeching woman was right in front of me the whole game. To say that it was beyond annoying is putting it mildly. She was an absolute freak. And that was her husband next to her.

I almost threw out my voice mock imitating her yesterday :laugh:

Dvlwoman30

Feb 2, 2015
I almost threw out my voice mock imitating her yesterday :laugh:

I almost threw a right hook in her face. If you could hear her on the feed imagine what it was like for us right next to her. Good lord.

If any of you were at the fan forum in the Ice Lounge, she was with her husband and kids and put the daughter up to asking for an autograph. Her husband was the one who asked the guys what they thought of all the fans hating Salvador. :shakehead

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Just wanted to say everything went better than I expected yesterday.

A wonderfully done & classy ceremony.
The whole weekend brought back so many fond memories and yes I shed a tear or two yesterday.

The energy in the building was outstanding too from the ceremony and even throughout the game. The current Devils players fed off of it.

Hopefully we get a team in the not too distant future that can excite our fanbase again.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Just wanted to say everything went better than I expected yesterday.

A wonderfully done & classy ceremony.
The whole weekend brought back so many fond memories and yes I shed a tear or two yesterday.

The energy in the building was outstanding too from the ceremony and even throughout the game. The current Devils players fed off of it.

Hopefully we get a team in the not too distant future that can excite our fanbase again.

If not we have marty night, Elias night, and a 2000 reunion to look forward to

3CupTrap

May 3, 2012
Staten Island
Last night brought back so many great memories. Even during the game felt like I was back in time, loved seeing the white jerseys back for a night and feeling the energy in the building. Two points I wanted to bring up was glad that they didn't bring Marty out last and have it turn into Marty night even though no one would have minded, this was about a team. Second and I may be reaching wonder if the cup not being on the ice had anything to do with Lou no wanting to jinx the pru center ice. Either way was the right move not having it skated around.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Technically I don't think they had an anniversary celebration for the Cup yet BUT they took a victory lap with it during the banner raising ceremony the following season and I'm about 95% sure Messier had it on hand and lifted it up during his own number retirement ceremony, which is actually worse.

Yep, just checked YT Messier did indeed lift the Cup during his number retirement lol

Seriously? Jesus that's way to much.

This was classy. The cup wasn't even on the ice. It was up on the concourse which I think is fine. It's cool that it is there and nothing else.

Also the large amounts of respect paid to the McMullen family was great.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
Nothing about this week was Rags-esque. We got one hour replays of the cup finals games practically in the middle of the night. They're STILL showing full games from 94 on rotation. I'd kill to see those OT wins vs. Pittsburgh and Boston and the final meaningful game at Boston Garden with Spencer Ross calling it for some reason in their entirety. You can bet we won't be getting any of that this summer when they're starved for programming either, but I'm sure The Summer of 94 will run nonstop.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Nothing about this week was Rags-esque. We got one hour replays of the cup finals games practically in the middle of the night. They're STILL showing full games from 94 on rotation. I'd kill to see those OT wins vs. Pittsburgh and Boston and the final meaningful game at Boston Garden with Spencer Ross calling it for some reason in their entirety. You can bet we won't be getting any of that this summer when they're starved for programming either, but I'm sure The Summer of 94 will run nonstop.

To busy pumping their new special about the best moments at the garden (which leaves out all the significant moments that happened that went against the home team. Reggie scoring 6 in like 8 seconds and laughing at spike lee being one of them)

They will just air billy Joel nonstop as they finish up Yandle's beginnings special.

KohoDonuts88

Sep 6, 2006
New Brunswick
Just getting back home after coming down for the weekend to celebrate the 95 Cup.
Didn't get to go to the alumni game, but met Kenny Daneyko on Broad Street Sunday morning, and got to watch a Flyers ass-kicking. Perfect trip.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
IMG_20150307_165858999.jpg

Marty looking like he's not sure how to celebrate his goal.

IMG_1451.JPG

Terreri kick save on a Lemieux shot.

IMG_1455.JPG

The jailbreak at the end. Can't believe the refs didn't call too many men on the ice :)

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
Just to clarify my point since it was taken out of context...I never said that the ceremony was Rangers-esque. I said the banner was.

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
The banner was a great idea, especially since it was just for the night. I mean that's all fine and good. This isn't a Washington Attendance Champion Banner.

David Conte

Oct 6, 2014
Alumni game and ceremony were both top-notch. Incredibly enjoyable events even to those who didn't have the honor of watching that squad play night in and night out in '95. Nostalgia was everywhere and fans both young and old loved it. You could tell the players were enjoying themselves too.

Couldn't have asked for a better presentation.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Alumni game and ceremony were both top-notch. Incredibly enjoyable events even to those who didn't have the honor of watching that squad play night in and night out in '95. Nostalgia was everywhere and fans both young and old loved it. You could tell the players were enjoying themselves too.

Couldn't have asked for a better presentation.

Your writing style and thought process is awfully similar to another poster on here.

David Conte

Oct 6, 2014
Your writing style and thought process is awfully similar to another poster on here.

The same could be said of several posters across any given message board. I don't know what you're implying but there's no need to spin my appreciation of an eventful weekend into anything but. Depending on whom you're referring to, though, perhaps this was complimentary? If so, thanks, I guess.

With regards to the banner, I thought the way they handled things was just about perfect without going overboard. They raised it not even halfway to the rafters, just enough so everyone could see and the team could gather around it. Letting the McMullen family attach one side was a nice touch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad