Mar 21, 2007
So Gelinas changed his number twice in two days? Even Lou wouldn't do THAT lol

Or did Cordell get that wrong?

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
There's something just right with the world now that Tootoo is wearing #22 again.

Before he joined the devs, he was one of my favorite players just because of that. The only one that beat him out was Steve Heinze wearing 57.

Ya, I know... I select my favorite players for strange reasons.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really thought Salvador wa re signed for a second!

I got excited and then hoped the Tallinder signing would be soon to follow!

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Next year's STH ticket design? Seems likely, those dates/opponents match up with actual games next year.

0805numbers1.jpg

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
To be fair I think improving the team is the bigger concern. They handled a lot of on-ice moves before the off-ice.

I would agree with that. As I said, my objective wasn't to bash Shero and I did give him credit for making moves to try to improve this team (whether or not I always agree with aforementioned moves). I just am not really excited about the media changes. If others are, that's great. I'm happy their experience as a fan is now better.

Exactly. Those gimmicks are fine but at the end of the day it's always about the product. Just like the 3D thing. It's cool to look at but nobody is buying a ticket just for that.

Yep. To me, gimmicks don't have much appeal (in fact, they make me feel like I'm a cash cow being milked, and I don't enjoy that) especially not long-term.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Good catch, I didn't even notice the ticket design lol

And yeah it's nice that they're offering the jersey exchanges. Especially since two of those players only had their prior number for one season.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
I love seeing all of these clowns on facebook whine about how Shero is ruining the team and what Lou built just because he's allowing players pick their numbers. What a joke some of our fanbase is.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
btw didn't Chere's article say these changes still aren't finalized? So they might not all happen (number thing aside).

What I don't get is why the broadcasters were seperated from the team, what was Lou's purpose with that? I mean guys like Chico, Dano, Mac...they can relate to the players and maybe give nuggets of advice.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I love seeing all of these clowns on facebook whine about how Shero is ruining the team and what Lou built just because he's allowing players pick their numbers. What a joke some of our fanbase is.

In essence, picking the numbers is meaningless.

However, after a while, the number thing -- both 13 and no numbers over 30 -- got ingrained into the culture of the Devils as a team. Because of that, I have mixed feelings about Cammalleri and Gelinas getting those numbers.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
btw didn't Chere's article say these changes still aren't finalized? So they might not all happen (number thing aside).

What I don't get is why the broadcasters were seperated from the team, what was Lou's purpose with that? I mean guys like Chico, Dano, Mac...they can relate to the players and maybe give nuggets of advice.

I think it was the whole idea of keeping the team separate from distractions and keeping the team tightly knit. Sounds stupid, but if something happens on the plane, some of the media people would probably report it and it would leak out. Also, if something does happen, you get the camaraderie feeling knowing that it stays between the team and that's it.

Everything Lou did was to keep the team strictly focused on their job on the ice with no distractions. Some may seem a bit far, but that was all the main goal.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
In essence, picking the numbers is meaningless.

However, after a while, the number thing -- both 13 and no numbers over 30 -- got ingrained into the culture of the Devils as a team. Because of that, I have mixed feelings about Cammalleri and Gelinas getting those numbers.

I understand that but I never understood the logic behind the under 35 thing Lou created. Understandably it really makes no difference on the ice but why not allow players to feel good about the number on their back? I am fine with this move, even if its doesn't mean much.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
typo by TG, gelly has 22.

i like that they're doing free jersey exchanges though

edit: OMG IT REALLY IS 44 WHAT

I have a Gelly jersey but it wasn't bought through the Devils or the NHL...which is fine since I kind of like it having the wrong number lol...

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think it was the whole idea of keeping the team separate from distractions and keeping the team tightly knit. Sounds stupid, but if something happens on the plane, some of the media people would probably report it and it would leak out. Also, if something does happen, you get the camaraderie feeling knowing that it stays between the team and that's it.

Everything Lou did was to keep the team strictly focused on their job on the ice with no distractions. Some may seem a bit far, but that was all the main goal.

Let's be honest when's the last time that ever really happened though? I can't remember the last time I heard of something leaking from a team plane ride. The only team plane incident I know of is when the '86 Mets destroyed a $10000 coffee pot and a whole lot of other things flying back from Houston after the NLCS lol

Even with media access there are certain boundaries that still aren't crossed...teams get to vet most of the 24/7 material I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad