Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - Preseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Over the course of the year, I want to see someone take McLeod's job, whether it's Haula moving down or another kid outplaying him.

It's not even about the allegations. The more we move on from the guys who were gifted spots and did nothing with them, the better in my eyes. Zacha, Johnsson is a good start, hopefully Tatar and McLeod are next.
Would be great to replace Mcleod by better player, but actually we don`t have options for now for 4C duties, and we will have not a lot of cap space to spend it on the market. Hope Nico will return and Haula with him will take most of defensive work, so Devils will find some opportunities to use Boqvist as 4th line center to ask some offense from the fourth line.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Over the course of the year, I want to see someone take McLeod's job, whether it's Haula moving down or another kid outplaying him.

It's not even about the allegations. The more we move on from the guys who were gifted spots and did nothing with them, the better in my eyes. Zacha, Johnsson is a good start, hopefully Tatar and McLeod are next.
McLeod was “gifted” a spot as a pure defensive focused 4th line/pk’r. It’s not exactly a desirable role. He’s been pretty good at it too.

If we are going to boot him out it’s because of the off ice issues.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I think it was really a Metalica album from the 00's.

Metalica were still good in the 80's.
Funny story...

A buddy of mine does all of Metallica's videos. Back when they started putting out crap albums (I think it was the Load tour), he got me seats at Giant stadium. After the show, he shouts to me (he's on the floor and I'm in the first few rows of the stands) to come down and go back stage with him.

The problem was, I was so incensed with their show, especially when they played a country version of Four Horsemen with Kurt prending to play fiddle on his guitar, that I told him that they could go F themselves and if I went back there I'd be in danger of slugging one of them. Meanwhile there were some younger kids sitting next to me saying "Wait! I'll go!!!".

I think I tossed all Metallica CDs soon after.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Funny story...

A buddy of mine does all of Metallica's videos. Back when they started putting out crap albums (I think it was the Load tour), he got me seats at Giant stadium. After the show, he shouts to me (he's on the floor and I'm in the first few rows of the stands) to come down and go back stage with him.

The problem was, I was so incensed with their show, especially when they played a country version of Four Horsemen with Kurt prending to play fiddle on his guitar, that I told him that they could go F themselves and if I went back there I'd be in danger of slugging one of them. Meanwhile there were some younger kids sitting next to me saying "Wait! I'll go!!!".

Almost everything after 1988 is just terrible and I don't acnknowledge any of it.

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
Heard the news and just came in here for support now that the HGH Line has, most likely, seen its untimely demise.

Appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

Now maybe Geertsen and Mango can go play in the KHL together, but not on Ufa, I don’t want them anywhere near Muk.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Funny story...

If you butted one of them with your large noggin you might still be in jail for murder.

Definitely this board’s off-season high point:

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
54996145-5F29-4354-A9A0-B553EBD5F7C1.jpeg

Looks like we disappointed one Avs fan hoping for better waived forwards from us or LA.

Our “enforcer” lol.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Let’s take a minute to appreciate that Holtz, Zetterlund and Boqvist all made the team over Johnsson and Geertsen. Ty Smith and Zacha were shipped out, and I bet Tatar had one foot out the door before his stellar preseason. Fitz has been running a tight ship.

View attachment 592042

Looks like we disappointed one Avs fan hoping for better waived forwards from us or LA.

Our “enforcer” lol.
who is JAD?

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

right on cue (Smith was reassigned, not waived)! Lottttta ex-Devils on waivers today.

That Bratt pack guy is really the closest random internet personality that I've fantasized about physically assaulting in a very long time.

Between all of his strike outs on the new Bratt contract and acting like he was actually in the know.

He doesn't even know Smith wasn't on waivers. Just like he didn't know shit about what was going on with Bratt or anything else on the inside.

Ryan Graves won't even be here anymore by the time the Devils are a powerhouse. f***in DOLT.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Let’s take a minute to appreciate that Holtz, Zetterlund and Boqvist all made the team over Johnsson and Geertsen. Ty Smith and Zacha were shipped out, and I bet Tatar had one foot out the door before his stellar preseason. Fitz has been running a tight ship.

We can take a minute, but this stuff is just not guaranteed at all. The Devils may try to sneak Boqvist through waivers tomorrow. They have enough waiver ineligibles that they can finalize their roster tomorrow evening with a guy they've placed on waivers while intending to call another player up.

Reactions: My3Sons

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

who is JAD?
Jaret Anderson-Dolan on the Kings.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
That Bratt pack guy is really the closest random internet personality that I've fantasized about physically assaulting in a very long time.

Between all of his strike outs on the new Bratt contract and acting like he was actually in the know.

He doesn't even know Smith wasn't on waivers. Just like he didn't know shit about what was going on with Bratt or anything else on the inside.

Ryan Graves won't even be here anymore by the time the Devils are a powerhouse. f***in DOLT.

He's the worst Devils-related internet personality. Can't stand him.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
You want a good top 9 these days. A lot of the good teams do this and spread the lines out. Doesn’t mean he’s over Sharangovich at all.

It doesn’t necessarily mean he’s over him at all. They’re trying to find lines that work and have a good top 9

Beautiful

Now hopefully he gets claimed

call me confused. geertsen is listed as a nhl player. :huh:

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
We can take a minute, but this stuff is just not guaranteed at all. The Devils may try to sneak Boqvist through waivers tomorrow. They have enough waiver ineligibles that they can finalize their roster tomorrow evening with a guy they've placed on waivers while intending to call another player up.
Is the logic that teams already claimed guys and decided on a roster so we could sneak Boqvist through waivers tomorrow?

It seems like the big wave of poachable guys got sent today.

I readily admit that I still have no idea what the team’s final cap solution will be and I refuse to try to figure it out. Cap stuff makes my brain cry.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
View attachment 592042

Our “enforcer” lol.

Fake news.

He's undead.

I put up with the black album, but that was just about it. I kind of knew them putting out a music video was the beginning of the end.
Death Magnetic and Hardwired to Self-Destruct are actually pretty decent. Not as good as their first few albums, but better than the pile of shit that was St. Anger. Load and Re-Load have a couple of decent songs, but are mostly forgettable.

Reactions: guitarguyvic

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Is the logic that teams already claimed guys and decided on a roster so we could sneak Boqvist through waivers tomorrow?

It seems like the big wave of poachable guys got sent today.

I readily admit that I still have no idea what the team’s final cap solution will be and I refuse to try to figure it out. Cap stuff makes my brain cry.
NHL is the easiest of the 3 cap sports to track as well. the NBA an NFL are a nightmare

Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig