Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I’m not trading a legit nhl player for future 3rd and 2nd picks unless this team is rebuilding.

Again any trade involving big players we need in the future won’t not happen because we don’t have an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick.
Look what Fitz has been able to do with 2nd and 3rd round picks, and even later picks. They’re assets that can be moved for players that help the team.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I look at my bank account, then imagine what his looks like.

Wish I could get paid handsomely to be absolute dog water at my job.
IMG_4780.jpeg

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
as @Triumph has suggested, I don't see the Devils picking someone with their 1st round pick this year. The window is wide open and I think they are going to move that pick, be it for a goalie or a DMan

ideally maybe they can get the goalie (Markstrom?) for like Holtz + 2nd, and then maybe trade the 1st for a legit top 4 LHD. That would be what I would try for.

Reactions: Patrik26

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I look at my bank account, then imagine what his looks like.

Wish I could get paid handsomely to be absolute dog water at my job.
I have little sympathy for him no-showing all the post games this year and leaving the skaters and Ruff to answer all the questions about his poor play every night. I'm sure I'll get over it, but he really rubbed me the wrong way this year. And he seemed to rub at least some of the players the wrong way, with Jack's ''We win when we get saves'' comment in a game Daws played.

That said, that quote was taken a bit out of context by James Nichols. Sharks beat writer Sheng Peng had the same quote, but followed it up with saying he said that with a smile and went on to say that he plays for San Jose now.

The Nichols quote makes it appear that he possibly said this in a snide way, which I don't believe he did. If you just look at that quote though, it would make you believe he might have said it in a way that he didn't say it in.

My first thought was ''HOLY SHIT! VITEK GAVE AN INTERVIEW?!''.

dzubrus8

Jun 15, 2014
as @Triumph has suggested, I don't see the Devils picking someone with their 1st round pick this year. The window is wide open and I think they are going to move that pick, be it for a goalie or a DMan

ideally maybe they can get the goalie (Markstrom?) for like Holtz + 2nd, and then maybe trade the 1st for a legit top 4 LHD. That would be what I would try for.
That would be a lot for Markstrom given the season he’s had, the fact that it’s the offseason, and his cap hit. I’d give a 2nd for Markstrom, maybe just flip the 2 and 3 from Toffoli for him.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Some guys I would be interested in signing this offseason for the middle 6: Foegele, Stephenson, Debrusk, Mantha, Sprong, Heinen, Wennberg, Teravainen

I also still would be interested in trading assets for a guy like Chychrun.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ

Oh dear god. They actually are seriously considering Green

Take all of that nonsense with a grain of salt.

When I interviewed Cangi he said he fully expected Stevens to be head coach after the 3 headed monster experiment. He also said we we're gonna draft a center and ended up taking Zacha.

I think the 'Devils are considering Green' means at best, he's a placeholder if we can't get anyone decent.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I’m not trading a legit nhl player for future 3rd and 2nd picks unless this team is rebuilding.

Again any trade involving big players we need in the future won’t not happen because we don’t have an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick.
Thankfully other teams don't really agree with you there. Tons of valuable NHL players are traded for 2nd round picks, lol. More picks = more opportunity for trades without destroying the pipeline of prospects that a team needs to stay in contention long term.

Buchnevich was traded for Sammy Blais (lmao) and a 2nd round pick. He's scored 80 goals since then and has another year left to go on that (very fair) contract.

Lehkonen was traded for a 2nd and Barron (plugger). He's scored 76 points in 99 games since that trade.

Stanley Cup Champion (and pretty good goalie) Adin Hill was traded for a 2nd.

We could do these types of deals with only our picks, but why not have the opportunity to make more of them? Or have more ammunition the next time somebody like Timo is available? You'd rather lose a guy for nothing in a season we're probably missing the playoffs? To what possible end?

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago

if they trade this first and it allows them to keep Casey in any deal I think you do that 10/10 times

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Some guys I would be interested in signing this offseason for the middle 6: Foegele, Stephenson, Debrusk, Mantha, Sprong, Heinen, Wennberg, Teravainen

I also still would be interested in trading assets for a guy like Chychrun.
I'd love Stephenson, Debrusk, and Sprong. Sprong is a guy I desperately wanted his draft year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad