Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The stretch run is upon us!

giphy.gif

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
How are we replacing Toffoli’s production next year?

And the way Holtz has looked, promoting him is not the answer.
Anyone playing with Jack will produce. And Dougie will be adding in some goals. We are 7th in goals forced per game even with all of our injuries and sucky play. I think the offense will always be fine with our two centers, bratt timo and our D. We need a better bottom 6 and for the love of Dano, a goaltender.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

Have to figure it out. Hope Timo bounces back. Sign another, cheaper, shorter term vet (or trade for someone from a cap strapped team if available) and hope someone else like Mercer / holtz or whomever else bounces back. Better injury luck. I think the goals are replaceable by the many.

I don't want to sign toffoli to a deal I feel is a bad long term investment because I'm worried about one year.

We didn't have toffoli last year and we were okay offensively

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Hopefully having our 2C's not die at the same this year and an actual productive bottom 6 like 22-23 and they get a top 3 PPQB back. Toffoli reeks beyond belief, he's not a loss, especially if they get a good return

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Honest question. What does this team need to do this offseason, to turn things around? Beyond goalie and coaching staff…
A better 3C. Let Lazar center fourth line. Some size and speed for the bottom 6.

Id trade Toffoli at this rate so we can recoup assets in an eventual goalie move. Defense and top 6 is pretty much set. Maybe look for a good skating LW to play with Jack. A healthy Dougie and Siegs next season will do wonders for the kids and for Marino and Bahl.

Oh, and never see Smith on this team again. That would help.

??? Hughes Meier
Palat Hischier Bratt
Haula ??? Mercer
??? Lazar ????

Siegs Ham (maybe we can find an upgrade over siegs)
Hughes Nemec
Bahl Marino
Hattaka

Markstrom (holtz traded)
Schmid
Daws

Last edited:

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Guys, I've just thought....

Holtz is getting scratched for MacDermid isn't he...

EDIT: Oh he's defense? Oh boy, it won't be Smith in the box....

Oh dear.

Reactions: Forge

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012

We didn't have him last year and was more than fine. We didn't even have Timo for most of the season and we were superb.

it's a good question though. Who replaced his production last year? Sharangovich? Tatar? Wood? Hamilton? Severson?

In my opinion, we had a lot more speed and success on zone entries last season with a healthier Hughes, Tatar and even Boqvist.

Hamilton should help with some of the goal production as well.

I think what we gained in goal scoring prowess and grittiness, we lost in speed and possession.

I'd like to target someone with a similar style as Tatar. He seemed to mesh well with Nico and that line was one of the best possession lines in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad