Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
hey man the guy asked a question i answered it.

no one is saying they are guilty until innocent YOU said that.
Actually I asked you that question.

I asked a few. They were for clarification of your position.

It does seem you are saying McLeod should be treated as guilty until 100% proven innocent, which may be impossible to do.

Reactions: HBK27

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I don't disagree with this premise, but unless the league entity is willing to take the blame and the NHLPA can be pushed into an agreement as well I just don't think it's feasible. If McLeod is guilty of something and after the findings are going to be made public the team can deal with the backlash. It won't cost them much. Maybe you stop going to games. Maybe a few others do. 99% of the public will live with "we were saddened to learn" and "we were compelled to let privacy and due process play out for all involved" and "we hope this can lead to healing and education to prevent something like this from ever happening again". You won't buy it and many of us will see it as just post hoc public relations, but whatever. Nobody will win a lawsuit against the team for that. In contrast if they unilaterally act now, they open themselves up to at least a grievance and maybe future litigation.

dude no one cares lol this country has a 15min attention span. hockey? its probably even less then that.

Yeah, why don't you start a poll here and ask if my take on this is hot or yours is? Care to wager a permanent ban on who would lose?

whats my hot take?

Actually I asked you that question.

I asked a few. They were for clarification of your position.

It does seem you are saying McLeod should be treated as guilty until 100% proven innocent, which may be impossible to do.

lol i answered enough question on here! more then mcloed even on the subject lol just read back and you will see where i stand on the subject.

if a player refusing to comment (and hes innocent) doesn't make him look guilty then sitting that player pending outcome of investigation doesn't make him look guilty either.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Do you realize that you just reduced the US Constitution to “legal jujitsu” and did so in a way that seemingly suggested those protections are inappropriate?
To be fair, Jujitsu takes a long time to master, he could have said mumbo jumbo, which could be learned on a weekend bender.

• Haha
Reactions: My3Sons and HBK27

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What I got from all of this is we are all getting old AF lol.
I've been feeling that way for a long time now. Especially when guys like Scott Niedermayer and Brian Rafalski started to retire.

Jagr was the last player in the league older than me, though he is 4 years older.

Chara is about a year, a month and some change younger than me.

And with Chara announcing his retirement today, we might actually have seen the last of NHL players both born in the 1970's decade, as well as the last of NHL players that were active players in the 1990's decade.

That is.....unless the Sharks cannot resist the urge to bring back Joe Thornton (1979 birth, 1997 NHL debut) for a reunion/farewell tour.

• Wow
Reactions: NjDevsRR

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
whats my hot take?
lol i answered enough question on here! more then mcloed even on the subject lol just read back and you will see where i stand on the subject.

if a player refusing to comment (and hes innocent) doesn't make him look guilty then sitting that player pending outcome of investigation doesn't make him look guilty either.
See, this is where people are debating you. No one cares that you think he is guilty, or how he looks, you are saying he should be sat for the time being. You are on a message board, you presented an opinion/idea, people are going to respond.

Say "Lovejoy wasn't the best Dman to wear the jersey," you'll get the same amount of backlash, it's what happens.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
See, this is where people are debating you. No one cares that you think he is guilty, or how he looks, you are saying he should be sat for the time being. You are on a message board, you presented an opinion/idea, people are going to respond.

Say "Lovejoy wasn't the best Dman to wear the jersey," you'll get the same amount of backlash, it's what happens.
Don't make me stop for this. I will turn this message board around if you push it mister.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
If I was the devils I would remove him from the team or at least put in on a LOA or something.... butttt Even IF the devils did want to do something to him right now, they cant.

NHLPA gives the players rights and removing him without any completed investigation, court rulings, or admittance by the player, it would not go over well and couldnt go over at all.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I still say he sucks “fine 4th line center” or not. He’s simply not worth keeping around and risking that he gets another deal. Interchangeable with about 100 guys in the AHL.

And emotionally I’m fine w dude that doesn’t score much, but a dude you KNOW isn’t going to score for 30 games at a time is kind of a backbreaker for me personally.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Training camp about to start and we talkin about McLeod?

1663713047356.png

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
They way you keep jumping from argument to argument is showing you aren't thinking this through. I'll say with 100% confidence, that I have absolutely zero idea of what happened, who is or isn't guilty and that's why I'm not advocating for anything to "happen." If people are making choices, it's not on a whim or because he's good at faceoffs, I'd imagine they have taken all the information they have, gotten as much guidance as they could and made they choices they are making based off that. People screaming from the sideline always forget we have a fraction of the information that is available to those involved.

But these two quotes show you aren't doing any of that, instead just throwing emotions at a wall. In one, you say he should tell everyone he is innocent if he is, in the other you say, and said, and will say again that people on that team know what happened and imply they are also complicit. So if there is no winning either way, why not just keep quiet until there is no other choice?
You don’t know the difference in knowing something and not saying something compared to actually committing a crime? I didn’t think I needed to explain there is a difference

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Maybe let's just stop talking about McLeod in regard to off ice things considering we have absolutely ZERO information on anything revolving around this alleged incident.

I for one am excited to see what McLeod can provide this season as a 4C. If he can be closer to the player he was in the 2020-21 season, I'd be ecstatic. If he is more of the player we saw last season, then I think it's best to move on from him after this year.
I'd just move on now anyway. I hope someone takes his job in camp regardless of his off ice issues. I'd rather roll Hughes-Hischier-Haula-Boqvist anyway. McLeod sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad