Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎PART XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I'd be still less surprised to see nothing.

I bet the team goes into camp just like it is. Wouldn't surprise me and would be just like Lou if they were through with moves for now.

Doubtful. Including Carter we have 15 forwards on the NHL team.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Doesn't mean we can't go into camp with 15.. Why make a move before Lou has a chance to see everyone in camp?

Because Lou is not okay with putting Zubrus, Ruutu, or Ryder on the 4th line.

Camm -Zajac - Jagr

Elias, Clowe, Henrique, Ruutu, Ryder, and Zubrus all make over 3 million.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Because Lou is not okay with putting Zubrus, Ruutu, or Ryder on the 4th line.

Camm -Zajac - Jagr

Elias, Clowe, Henrique, Ruutu, Ryder, and Zubrus all make over 3 million.

"When time is on your side, you use it." Unless Lou receives an offer that knocks his socks off, I think he'll wait into at least training camp before doing anything. Injuries will happen - for the Devils as well as for other teams. Why pull the trigger before you need to / know everything? He had Stralman practicing with the team into November.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
@NHLonNBCSports is tweeting some cool pics from Media Day

BxA3WARCAAAPWFm.jpg

BxAlFVeIAAEuc19.jpg

Is there Media Day coverage on NHL Network (radio or TV)?

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
"When time is on your side, you use it." Unless Lou receives an offer that knocks his socks off, I think he'll wait into at least training camp before doing anything. Injuries will happen - for the Devils as well as for other teams. Why pull the trigger before you need to / know everything? He had Stralman practicing with the team into November.

Stralman wasn't sign to a contract. I don't see Lou just releasing Brunner. Best chance for him to trade him is before camp begins.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
If we got Semin with 1-2 years left on his deal, I'd have no problem dealing for him. I think he's one of those players who would over-perform in a Devils uniform and make everyone eat crow.

But that's too much money for too long. We'll need the room. The long-term deals we made this summer for our own guys are exactly what I want to see when we have to re-up Merrill, Larsson, etc. Basically at or below market-value deals.

And then maybe - come 2017-2018 - we make a shrewd Chara-like UFA signing. (Van Riemsdyk, E. Kane...some prime forward that opts for UFA).

Last edited:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I think his contract will hurt the Canes when trading him... plus the Russian factor. Whether you admit it or not, Russians are disappearing from the NHL at a steady pace. The cap will continue to climb and guys like Ryder, Jagr, Salvador, Zidlicky, Ruutu, and Zubrus will be freeing up considerable cap space in the years to come. I don't mind Semin's contract at all.

I would pull the trigger on Brunner/Gelinas/2nd for Semin if that's realistic.

Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr
Henrique-Elias-Semin
Clowe-Gomez-Ryder
Ruutu-Zubrus-Carter

Bernier-Gionta

Greene-Larsson
Salvador-Zidlicky
Kaberle-Merrill
Harrold

How freaking deep is that?
I know, I know... Ruutu and Zubrus won't be on the fourth line. We have way too many forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad