Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎PART X

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
That Zajac goal on 5.23 they had that on the NHL networks mic'd up segment of the series the reaction was amazing. All you hear Zajac say is " WE Fin OWN HIM "

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I just wish we'd gotten another shot with that team. We never really did with Parise/the coaching staff leaving that summer and Kovy/Clarkson soon after.

devilsrock

Sep 14, 2005
Great Neck, NY
I just wish we'd gotten another shot with that team. We never really did with Parise/the coaching staff leaving that summer and Kovy/Clarkson soon after.

Me too! Can you imagine if Parise and Kovalchuck were still on the team coming into this season?
I know it's not realistic but we would be a serious contender.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Why I resent Zach a lot more then kovy. Kovy is a turd too but I think we may of dodged a bullet there with that contract and his back.

I wanted to seem them try again and Zach was the captain. Just that was hurt.

OOOOIIIO

Binary
Jul 25, 2010
Nashua, NH
Watching that video makes me really miss Kovy and the emotion he played with on the ice.

Still holding out dreams that he returns one day.

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
No idea cap wise but lets say we have Kovy and Parise and Jagr and all the others even though they were a result of losing them and we resign carter, dump Bernier, Gio, Ryder

Parise-Zajac-Jagr
Cammy-Henrique-Kovy
Clowe-Elias-Brunner
Ruutu-Josefson-Carter

dzubrus8

Jun 15, 2014
Even without Jagr, this team with Kovy and Parise is top-3 in the east:

Parise-Zajac-Camalleri
Ruutu-Henrique-Kovalchuk
Havlat-Elias-Brunner
Clowe-Josefson-Zubrus

The way I see it:

Parise: 35-35
Zajac: 20-40
Camalleri: 30-20
Ruutu: 15-20
Henrique: 25-20
Kovalchuk: 35-25
Havlat: 20-15
Elias: 20-25
Greene: 5-25
Zidlicky: 8-25
Gelinas: 10-15

If we were a top-5 offense, that means about 25 more goals between Brunner, Clowe, Josefson, Zubrus,, Merrill, Larsson and Salvador. If that defense remains a top-10 unit (as they normally do, regardless of personnel), and Schneider shows up again this year, we easily contend with Boston and New York.

MountainGoat

~65 points was the median production for the 1-30 centers in 2014.
~46 points was the median production for the 31-60 centers in 2014 (Zajac was 42).

So you wanted Zajac last season to be:
-Elite 2nd line/below-average 1st line offensive production
-With one quality linemate and a revolving door of scrub 3rd line LW'ers
-On the 3rd worst offensive team in the league
-While playing massive defensive/PK minutes

60 points is E. Staal/MacKinnon/Bergeron territory.

50 points is much more reasonable for Zajac. he would have gotten there had he started the year with Jagr.

without Jagr, Zajac would have been a 30 point player, just like he was in 12/13. People are acting like he doesn't get offensive chances, he had Jagr last season feeding him every game and he couldn't finish, do some of you have selective memories or what?
1st and 2nd line centers create offense on their own. Zajac doesn't.
Jagr was better last season than people give him credit for, if we had two more wins and made the playoffs he should have been a Hart finalist.

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
without Jagr, Zajac would have been a 30 point player, just like he was in 12/13. People are acting like he doesn't get offensive chances, he had Jagr last season feeding him every game and he couldn't finish, do some of you have selective memories or what?
Jagr was better last season than people give him credit for, if we had two more wins and made the playoffs he should have been a Hart finalist.

Good post.

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey

Tell me some 2Cs that produce offense on their own, true #2, no Malkin etc.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Malkin is not a #2 on any team in the league.... that is like Messier being a #2 behind Gretzky just in a lesser fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad