Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎2014-2015 Part Xl

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostofKenKlee

Rick Nash got two top 9 NHLers and a 1st round pick. he also makes more than Hall and was ~5 years older than Hall was when he was traded

the Seguin situation was because of his perceived attitude. Boston also got Reilly Smith

Hall is said to have a attitude/behavior issues.

I'm merely pointing out the prices versuses asking in these trades. Seguin is a top performer.

RIck NAsh also had (at the time) as a sniper and a bit of a bidding war went down. IS Columbus better off without him? Top nine players? That's code for third liners.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Management is building this team like were a couple years from contention...

I said a long time ago it would take at least five years for this team to make the playoffs again. One year in (IIRC) and it seems I am not far off at all.

And people thought I was crazy when I said that a year ago. Does it seem that crazy now? Who really thinks we will make the playoffs, after this year, in three years??

No one I imagine.

You really wonder what type of internal accounting is going on in this organization or if there really is a plan at all. I'm starting to lean towards the latter. You acquire Schneider while trying to grind out 2-1, 3-2 nailbiters with an AARP squad? Did Lou really think it was the deadpuck era?

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Id rather have Nichuskin

That's really the issue. Lou for whatever reason made a rash decision in his misjudgment of the entire franchise. (And this really has nothing to do with Cory. He's a top flight goalie) As a result, he was forced to sign Schneider long term. He had no choice. You surrender a prime asset for Schneider so you better retain him.

GhostofKenKlee

You really wonder what type of internal accounting is going on in this organization or if there really is no plan at all. I'm starting to lean towards the latter. You acquire Schneider while trying to grind out 2-1, 3-2 nailbiters with an AARP squad? Did Lou really think it was the deadpuck era?

Yep, forget the fact that the Devils have been high on him since prep school, BC and Vancouver. His stats aside, why would you want to go out and grab a good goalie. WTF Lou?

NHL Fanatik*

Nich was never the pick.

people need to get over that fact, whether its the right choice or not

Someone make a new thread please.

And curious why you felt it necessary to get a goaltender when we have no team? I mean, what was Lou thinking signing a guy at 29 to a 8 year contract, where at least half of that will be spent in the bottom of the standings.

Dont think you can give me a serious answer.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Rick Nash got two top 9 NHLers and a 1st round pick. he also makes more than Hall and was ~5 years older than Hall was when he was traded

the Seguin situation was because of his perceived attitude. Boston also got Reilly Smith

Rick Nash could score 40 goals in his sleep. Hall hasn't REALLY broken out yet.

I don't like the 'uncoachable' line...

If we could get him for Greene + Cory + I'll do it.

I thought when we traded for Cory that it was a masterstroke by Lou to get a team that was a playoff bubble team to win a few rounds.

I'm beginning to agree that wasting Cory behind the team as it is currently constituted might make it so his value is more on the market than it is to us.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Yep, forget the fact that the Devils have been high on him since prep school, BC and Vancouver. His stats aside, why would you want to go out and grab a good goalie. WTF Lou?

I'm not questioning the worth of Cory Schneider. He's a legitimate talent. I'm just questioning whether this move may have been extremely shortsighted in retrospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad