Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎2014-2015 Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
You seem to be misunderstanding me.

I said that there are some NHL players there for sure. But that there was no PARISE- TYPE. I didn't pigeonhole a single person in my response did I?????

PS in your post you were tagging people as 4th liners. Is that the silliest thing ever?

Are calling them 4th liners silliy? Yes it was.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Don't know much about Blandisi, hope it works out some time down the line.

Conte did draft diminutive forward Alexander Kerfoot 12 spots ahead of Blandisi in the 2012 draft.
Kerfoot is playing for Harvard but has missed some time now due to injury.

Kerfoot was very good earlier this season.

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
you know i really wouldn't want another parise type, you know a playoff no shower who isnt even in the top 10 forwards in team history. a john macclean or patrik elias is what i want.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
Now we need 2 from my group of "uncertains" to develop into top 6 players ala Henrique.

My group of question marks
Queeneville
Wood
Kujawinksi
Blandisi
Coleman

Boucher has top 6 potential

Black is going to be middle 6 player

4th liners
Thomson (believe he has 3rd line upside personally)
Matteau
Baddock
Pietila

Not giving up on just yet
Myles Bell
Ben Johnson

There IS stuff there, even if some refuse to acknowledge it.

What about Artur Gavrus, do you consider him a bust?
Joey Dudek? Alex Kerfoot?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Kerfoot has 15p in 10gp this season in Hockey East. I'd say he's proven as much as Wood or Kujawinski.

I put far more stock in Wood's selection by team USA and the likely possibility that Kujawinski will be in Albany than 10 games of success at an IVY league school.

I don't know Harvard's schedule but I'd be willing to bet those first 10 games aren't against many if any Hockey East opponents.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I checked...

Nov. 1 Dartmouth * T, 3-3 Final - OT

Nov. 7
at Rensselaer * W, 4-0 Final

Nov. 8 at No. 8/8 Union * T, 2-2 Final - OT

Nov. 11
at No. 8 Boston College W, 6-3

Nov. 14. Brown * W, 6-2 Final

Nov. 15 Yale * L, 2-1 Final

Nov. 18at Dartmouth * W, 2-0 Final

Nov. 21 Bentley W, 5-1 Final

Nov. 25 at No. 1/1 Boston University W, 3-2 Final - OT

Nov. 29 at No. 4/4 UMass Lowell W, 4-2 Final

Dec. 5 at Princeton * W, 4-3 Final

The schedule was better than I thought it would be but very Ivy heavy.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
No way is Gionta and Guerin ahead of him

Billy G became a better player than ZP elsewhere, but you are right, not while with the Devils.

My top-10 Devils forwards of all time, not in any particular order and not based on scoring alone.

Patty
Muller
MacLean
Zach
Kovy
Claude
Verbeek
Madden
Holik
Gomez

Just missed the cut:
Guerin
Sykora
Langenbrunner
Randy McKay
Shanny
Rolston
Brian Gionta

Under consideration:
Arnott
Mogilny
Patrik Sundstrom
Aaron Broten
Richer

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I put far more stock in Wood's selection by team USA and the likely possibility that Kujawinski will be in Albany than 10 games of success at an IVY league school.

I don't know Harvard's schedule but I'd be willing to bet those first 10 games aren't against many if any Hockey East opponents.

Not sure why you chastise "Ivy League". The ECAC has some of the best teams in the country - Quinnipiac, St. Lawrence, RPI, Yale and Union.

For reference, Harvard's first games included RPI, Union, BC, Brown, Yale, BU, UMass Lowell and Quinnipiac.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Kerfoot has 15p in 10gp this season in Hockey East. I'd say he's proven as much as Wood or Kujawinski.

He's putting up good numbers, but I always feel compelled to point out that he put up a 5 point night against BC's 3rd string goalie.

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2014/11/11/kerfoots-hat-trick-helps-harvard-double-up-boston-college/

CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. — Two teams headed in opposite directions continued on their respective paths on Tuesday night with Harvard earning a 6-3 victory behind an Alex Kerfoot hat trick over an injury-and-illness-laden No. 8 Boston College team.

While the story of the night should have been the Harvard upset, it instead turned to Boston College’s goaltending.

After Thatcher Demko fell ill earlier in the week with a viral infection, it was revealed that backup Brian Billett has left the team for personal reasons. That set into action senior Brad Barone, who made his first career start, with BC coach Jerry York forced to enlist a sophomore from the student body, Alex Joyce, as the team’s emergency backup.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Billy G became a better player than ZP elsewhere, but you are right, not while with the Devils.

My top-10 Devils forwards of all time, not in any particular order and not based on scoring alone.

Patty
Muller
MacLean
Zach
Kovy
Claude
Verbeek
Madden
Holik
Gomez
How the heck does Kovalchuk crack your 10? He only played 222 games here and 2 seasons were horrific?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Patty
Muller
MacLean
Zach
Kovy
Claude
Verbeek
Madden
Holik
Gomez

Just missed the cut:
Guerin
Sykora
Langenbrunner
Randy McKay
Shanny
Rolston
Brian Gionta

Under consideration:
Arnott
Mogilny
Patrik Sundstrom
Aaron Broten
Richer

I don't see how Kovalchuk belongs on that list. If we're going by ''Top 10 most talented forwards to play for the Devils'' then yes. Not sure why he would be ahead of other guys who did far more in a Devils sweater.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I don't see how Kovalchuk belongs on that list. If we're going by ''Top 10 most talented forwards to play for the Devils'' then yes. Not sure why he would be ahead of other guys who did far more in a Devils sweater.

It's a fine line with Kovy and Langs or McKay, but, he was that good in 2012 that I included him. I'm open to changing that list after healthy discussion BTW

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
i think some people really forget just how good Langs was in that 2003 playoff

langs end with the team should not cancel out the fact he was one of the better/most important forwards on this team post lockout. if there is ever a devils ring of honor he should most definately be in it.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Looking at it skill wise it's no question Kovy belongs on the list of top guys to play for the Devils

Looking at it from a true "Devils Devil" wise, McKay, Langenbrunner and an easy slew of others are miles ahead of Kovy

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

Patty
Muller
MacLean
Zach
Kovy
Claude
Verbeek
Madden
Holik
Gomez

Just missed the cut:
Guerin
Sykora
Langenbrunner
Randy McKay
Shanny
Rolston
Brian Gionta

Under consideration:
Arnott
Mogilny
Patrik Sundstrom
Aaron Broten
Richer

Since we aren't looking at scoring alone, how Brylin isn't anywhere on your list is a shame, more so considering some of the guys that are listed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad