Not open for further replies.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Hextall apparently exploded on the Flyers' players after the game tonight

we give our guys days off when they lose badly

ho-hum

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
the only thing Lou does these days is go to sleep at 8pm and read about how tough every arena in the NHL is to play in.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Hextall apparently exploded on the Flyers' players after the game tonight

we give our guys days off when they lose badly

ho-hum

They found a way to look worse than the Devils did yesterday...in a rivalry game. Jelly jars would have been thrown here.

Devils looked terrible yesterday. The Jets possessed the puck in their zone almost the entire game, but the difference was that the Devils didn't give the Jets nearly as many scoring chances as the Rangers had tonight. Deboer was right in his scoring chance assessment, it was about even yesterday. But obviously, other than their ability to limit scoring chances and create some scoring chances on such little off-zone time, they were brutal. Probably the most dominating territorial game against the Devils this year.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Random: I've decided that the worst thing about Chere is that I know exactly what he looked like as a kid.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Because he has the face of a kid who threw rocks at girls and dropped his pants all the way down when he had to use the urinal.

Jaysfanatic*

The hyperbole around here.....

We forget Lou throws catering food across rooms

He did that four *** years ago. FOUR. That Lou is dead, he's never coming back. I mean, we can all play this game.

We forget, this team won three Stanley Cups, so **** it. Be as ****ing mediocre as you want. That's the ****ing attitude!

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
Can someone just begin turn this team around? this makes my stomach aching -_- i am a positive guy allthrough, you know me, but something HAS to change here. we just can NOT win

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
it was only like 100 months ago this team lost in the finals. Harrold, Salvador, Gionta, and Bernier were big parts of this.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Can someone just begin turn this team around? this makes my stomach aching -_- i am a positive guy allthrough, you know me, but something HAS to change here. we just can NOT win

Just a gut feeling, but I don't think this is going to get turned around until the current regime is ousted

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Just a gut feeling, but I don't think this is going to get turned around until the current regime is ousted

Hurts to say...but I agree. Until the old guys are outta here and replaced with talented, speedy forwards and the D continues to mature...i don't see this team going far at all for some time. A system can mask the lack of talent and speed, but against good teams it will get exposed.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Hurts to say...but I agree. Until the old guys are outta here and replaced with talented, speedy forwards and the D continues to mature...i don't see this team going far at all for some time. A system can mask the lack of talent and speed, but against good teams it will get exposed.

Our system doesn't mask anything. We have missed the playoffs 2 years running and currently are a bottom 10 team.

And I understand it is better to play with structure then without, but I think "Deboer's system" is so overrated.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Actually after the past couple of games, I'd rather see Harrold in there with Zids. Gelinas and Zids together is just a 3-0 breakaway waiting to happen.

I still don't understand why that's constantly a pairing still. Wouldn't Larsson-Gelinas and Zidlicky-Helgeson make more sense? Instead of having both purely offensive-minded defensemen on the same pairing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad