Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎2014-2015 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Little OT, but upon looking for a McKay picture of his handlebar mustache, came across what he and his wife were for halloween this weekend

B1UW-t3CYAAxsLs.jpg

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
A seven million player that is sat by the freaking Canes and you want him on our top line.

Last edited by a moderator:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We would have won in 2001 if "Rocket" McKay did not suffer a series ending injury in Game-1.

While that may well be true (McKay was hot in that playoffs), the Avs also had a crucial injury with Forsberg losing his spleen.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
While that may well be true (McKay was hot in that playoffs), the Avs also had a crucial injury with Forsberg losing his spleen.

Going into the series we knew Forsberg was out.

McKay went down in Game-1, he was a big part of our team in ways on & off the scoresheet.

Ironically his replacement, Bob Corkum, scored in Game-2.

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
Oh the ****ing Avs, that one still hurts. Although I really felt awful after the loss to the kings because I knew it was over for Marty and co. An end of an era :(

Good news is Roy probably played the puck worse than Schnieder does so there is hope

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Yes, McKay's injury absolutely killed the 2nd PP unit in 2001. It also threw the Holik-centered checking line off.

I don't know which was worse

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They also lost Arnott in that series too for a couple games after he got hit in the head with the puck, ironically they won 'em both. Amazingly enough, Stan Fischler second-guessed us after the series for putting Arnott back in for McKenzie before Game 6.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why are you "amazed" at anything that Senile coot says, NJDevs? :laugh:

You just never know with Stan.

The one time Stan really ever got me hot under the collar was after Game 6 against the Ducks in 2003 when he said we were 'too old to win (Game 7)' with all the cross-country travel. I wanted to shoot back through the TV, just look at the spring chicken who's talking about being too old :sarcasm:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One thing I always appreciated about McKay's time as a Devil, was that it ended when it was supposed to. We didn't keep him longer than we should have. He eventually did fall off completely, but it was with the Habs. They bought him out and he retired right after. I also felt that way about Claude, though I would have loved to keep him for just another year. I could argue that we would have won the cup in 2001 if we still had Claude. Bobby Holik said the same thing. He signed some stupid 4 year contract (at age 35) with Phoenix and then ended up in Dallas, where they eventually bought out the last year of his deal. A 4 year contract for a 35 year old was very rare 15 years ago.

Madden was another one we moved on from at the right time. Sadly we've had Pandolfo, Salvador, and Zubrus, who I can't say the same for.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The one time Stan really ever got me hot under the collar was after Game 6 against the Ducks in 2003 when he said we were 'too old to win (Game 7)' with all the cross-country travel. I wanted to shoot back through the TV, just look at the spring chicken who's talking about being too old :sarcasm:

Stan is a dinosaur. He needs to stay on the subways or stick to the garden with his beloved Rangers. I was annoyed that he did our game the other night. Weren't his Rangers playing at MSG that same night? Stan bugs the hell out of me.

I don't absolutely hate him though. I have a love-hate relationship with him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Stan is a dinosaur. He needs to stay on the subways or stick to the garden with his beloved Rangers. I was annoyed that he did our game the other night. Weren't his Rangers playing at MSG that same night? Stan bugs the hell out of me.

I don't absolutely hate him though. I have a love-hate relationship with him.

I enjoyed him more then Deb:laugh::help:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm expecting some WTF move. Like bringing up POS Wedgewood. :shakehead:help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad