Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎2014-2015 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
So assuming Severson, Janssen, and Tootoo aren't making the team, they are looking at keeping 3 of Gomez/Carter/Gionta/Bernier/Josefson on the opening night roster.

i assume it will be gomez/gionta/josefson, which is fine by me. although i would prefer carter over gionta, thats not gonna happen.

devs1616

Jan 26, 2014
Jansen or Tootoo should be on the roster, with Clowe being warned to cut back fighting for his health you still need that presence for some games.

Jaysfanatic*

Why? Both have done 10x more as a Devil than josefson has ever done.

Not to mention roles...Jake isn't built to be a 4th liner and if he can't beat out gomer for 3c......oh well

Says here that he's beating out Henrique for 3rd line C.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I enjoy the "oh well" attitude on former first round picks. I'd assume that has whats made this organization into a power hou...

oh wait.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
:laugh:

what do I care what they do 2-3 years ago?

How about what they do currently? Let's face it, if Josefson was a 5th round pick or a udfa, it wouldn't even be a debate if he made this team. He would have been waived already and on his way to Albany with Boucher and Matteau.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I enjoy the "oh well" attitude on former first round picks. I'd assume that has whats made this organization into a power hou...

oh wait.

This is exactly the point of my last post. It shouldn't matter what round the player was drafted in, especially when you've been around as long as Josefson has.

NHL Fanatik*

Package Brunner, Josefson, pick for a vet D or young forward who cant cut the roster; than buyout Zubrus.

Or just trade Brunner for a pick.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
How about what they do currently? Let's face it, if Josefson was a 5th round pick or a udfa, it wouldn't even be a debate if he made this team. He would have been waived already and on his way to Albany with Boucher and Matteau.

This is exactly the point of my last post. It shouldn't matter what round the player was drafted in, especially when you've been around as long as Josefson has.

so the amount of misses they have had in the 1st round does not bother you WHATSOEVER?

I don't want to hear about how the draft is a crap shoot. spare me.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
so the amount of misses they have had in the 1st round does not bother you WHATSOEVER?

I don't want to hear about how the draft is a crap shoot. spare me.

It bothers me that they've missed in the first round, but that doesn't change the fact that Josefson hasn't earned a spot on the team.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
if Gionta is playing center let alone playing in general, I am convinced that the coach has a ***** for him.

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
TG said:
“There’s some guys that we don’t know was well that we want to see some more of,†DeBoer said. “And there’s some guys here that either Lou knows really well and we don’t need to see or I know really well. The Carters and the Berniers of the world, I know what those guys bring and seeing another game of those guys, I don’t need to see that. We know what they are.

http://fireandice.northjersey.com/f...ng-tonight-gomez-waiting-and-hoping-1.1102558

He just keeps saying things like this. Counting out CBGB seems premature to me.

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
Although I think Kinkaid >>> Clemmer, keeping Kinkaid warm in Albany is probably a good move. When Schneider needs a little more rest they can do the swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad