Devils Team Discussion 2015-16 Players News and Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
The Devils have a couple of drafts before that happens(where Greene is not useful)..

Zajac-Santini-3rd for Kadri+?

Would you consider that fair for either side?

Take on Robidas contract and retain some on Zajac. I think that would be more fair to the Leafs. Pipedream tho

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
If Santini is the player people expect him to be, he will be the perfect partner for Severson.

Andy Greene's not going to be here forever.

It would be foolish of shero to trade Santini now.

Unless its a cannot refuse deal.

Certainly not for an underachiever like Kadri.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Underachiever? 24 years old.
Last 3 seasons:
199gp 56g 77a 133p

That would help the Devils way more in the future than Santini and Zajac could. Especially if Zacha and our 2016 pick come along.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Kennedy has me upset. I have no idea why he got an invite over Bernier. Stempniak vs. Gomez I can at least see. They provide different skill sets. Kennedy, though. This guy is the same filler Bernier was. No one expects Bernier to repeat what he did last year, but he loved the team and loved the area. If Shero isn't going to upgrade talent, he should at least reward loyalty.

If Kennedy gets cut / doesn't get a contract, I'll calm down a bit. But, every day he's with the team feels like a poke in the eye.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Kennedy has me upset. I have no idea why he got an invite over Bernier. Stempniak vs. Gomez I can at least see. They provide different skill sets. Kennedy, though. This guy is the same filler Bernier was. No one expects Bernier to repeat what he did last year, but he loved the team and loved the area. If Shero isn't going to upgrade talent, he should at least reward loyalty.

If Kennedy gets cut / doesn't get a contract, I'll calm down a bit. But, every day he's with the team feels like a poke in the eye.

Kennedy brings a different skillset than Bernier.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Underachiever? 24 years old.
Last 3 seasons:
199gp 56g 77a 133p

That would help the Devils way more in the future than Santini and Zajac could. Especially if Zacha and our 2016 pick come along.

He's always been treated as an underachiever by Leafs management.

And it's funny how this place goes back and forth on Santini, either he's the next Stevens or the next Urbom depending on the month.

I'm not trading him though, he potentially brings another dimension none of the other D do. There's value in that too.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
I would rather much acquire JVR than Kadri. IMO, its JVR or no (realistic) deal with TML. I wouldn't give up Santini for Kadri, but I will for JVR.

Important to note, I think Kadri is darn good.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Lou would be a fool to do that.

Zajac+Gely+3rd for Kadri +?

I would probably do that, next year's top 9 could look like this

Boedker-Kadri-Cammalleri
Henrique-Zacha-Palmieri
Matteau-Josefson-Boucher/Blandisi/2016 1st rounder

I would only do that because I think Gelly is expendable right now

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Leafs management who all lost their jobs and Toronto media always exaggerates things. It's not just Santini-it's the guys in front of him.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Kennedy brings a different skillset than Bernier.

Yeah. Frankly, I think Kennedy is a more valuable player. Faster, better offensive potential, and good enough defensively. I like Bernier, but I think Kennedy fits the style they want to play now better than Bernier.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Can already see Jon Merrill getting better. I (think) am going to love his game this season. Severson/Larsson will hold the top RD positions for a long time, especially if they continue to progress and management values them.

It's up to Merrill, but if he gets better, it will be very hard for Santini to sniff top-4 defensive minutes. This is why I would not be disheartened in a reasonable trade.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Can already see Jon Merrill getting better. I (think) am going to love his game this season. Severson/Larsson will hold the top RD positions for a long time, especially if they continue to progress and management values them.

It's up to Merrill, but if he gets better, it will be very hard for Santini to sniff top-4 defensive minutes. This is why I would not be disheartened in a reasonable trade.

Merrill's been awesome this preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad