Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Vojtech Mozik to Entry-level Deal

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
So, does this list seem accurate as far as all the players that the Devils have under contract that count against the 50 contract limit?

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/new-jersey-devils

As far as I can tell, it seems correct as Paul Thompson is not on the list (was signed to an AHL contract & they can't sign him to an NHL contract until July 1st).

This contract would put us at 49, though that doesn't really mean all that much at this point since all the pending UFA contracts (13 total) drop off at the end of the month.

Seems that several other teams are listed as having more than 50 players under contract on that site, so I'm not sure of the validity.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
one flaming Mozik coming up.

flaming-moe-2.jpg

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Another good move by Shero. I like his work so far. Our d-depth sure is good, although I would like us to have more LD's.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Pair Gelinas with Mozik. That would be a great line.

in thought it sounds just like two guys with huge shots that shoot from opposite sides, i think a wait and see approach will be employed here, Mozik may not even be ready for the NHL as far as we know, if gelinas builds off the last 15-20 games of past season than i feel he will earn a regular role on defense for this team

this season is going to be a big test for many players.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Mozik is a right-shooting D with an absolute cannon of a shot, ideal NHL size (6'2"-195) and terrific skating mobility. He immediately slots in as the Devils third-pairing RD behind Larsson and Severson. It was an outstanding signing by the Devils.

Combined with the signing of Sergei Kalinin, the Devils have gained two low-cost line-up staples for the 2015-16 season. Kalinin should slot in as the second or third line RW next season and offers 40+ point upside while playing a gritty, two-way game.

It is good to see the Devils getting good players by thinking outside the proverbial box, much in the same was as they did when grabbing under-the-radar players like Slava Fetisov, John Madden and Brian Rafalski back in the franchise's glory days.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Mozik is a right-shooting D with an absolute cannon of a shot, ideal NHL size (6'2"-195) and terrific skating mobility. He immediately slots in as the Devils third-pairing RD behind Larsson and Severson. It was an outstanding signing by the Devils.

Combined with the signing of Sergei Kalinin, the Devils have gained two low-cost line-up staples for the 2015-16 season. Kalinin should slot in as the second or third line RW next season and offers 40+ point upside while playing a gritty, two-way game.

It is good to see the Devils getting good players by thinking outside the proverbial box, much in the same was as they did when grabbing under-the-radar players like Slava Fetisov, John Madden and Brian Rafalski back in the franchise's glory days.

if these guys combine for 40 NHL points in their career, I will be happy.

not saying you are wrong, but I'd pump the brakes a bit.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia

I love the optimism. :)

How do we know of this to be certain?

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Fetisov wasn't under the radar though. But I agree with the general premise--nothing bad with signings like these.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA

Thanks for the assessment.

I'm curious what makes you think Kalinin has 40 point upside though. His production in the KHL was bad prior to 14-15 and pretty decent in 14-15. He's young, but it's not like he's 18 and put up 25 points. Have you seen him play?

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
I think it's perfectly acceptable to get excited/optimistic when we see moves like this being made. The last few years surrounding this team have been nothing short of dreadful and it's high time we have some positivity.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site

Fetisov was about as over the radar as you can get as far as foreign player, but like others said, I appreciated the input. Especially in regards to Sergei Kalinin who is a complete unknown.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Apparently NYR say they've been grooming this guy for a few years. They sent people over to develop him, like nutritionists and trainers and such.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad