Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Vojtech Mozik to Entry-level Deal

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What was the every night D lineup for Albany for most of last season?

Scarlett, Hrabarenka, McPherson, Burlon, who were the other two? I know Fraser and Harrold both spent time there at different points. Neither of Santini or Jacobs will be there this season.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
video doesn't show him playing defense... so, err... not sure if he does anything different from Gelly.

He's right handed, so I don't think this means that Gelly is gone - more likely one of the right handed kids.

If anyone has any sense at all, NONE of them are gone.

btw - it would be nice to see Gelly and Mozik tossing the puck back and forth on the PP.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
His shot alone is worth a flyer.

Blasphemy!

Have you seen Henrik Tallinder's shot? He has three of the best regular season goals from a defenseman in Devils history. One of them demonstrates just how dominant DeBoer's system was, but that shot isn't taken from anyone else in our organization on the blue line. Then that sweet short handed goal against Washington. He also had big blasts against Carolina and Philadelphia.

And his work on the power play on Kovalchuk's game winner against Edmonton, that was simply orgasmic. Rafalski wishes he could do that **** brah!

We better be signing him to a PTO or we're foolish.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
video doesn't show him playing defense... so, err... not sure if he does anything different from Gelly.

He's right handed, so I don't think this means that Gelly is gone - more likely one of the right handed kids.

If anyone has any sense at all, NONE of them are gone.

btw - it would be nice to see Gelly and Mozik tossing the puck back and forth on the PP.

Maybe that's the idea :naughty:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I like this signing. Good to bring in another Czech for Patty.

Funny thing is he kind of reminds me a little of Zidlicky in that highlight video.

Not that I expect him to ever reach that level, but who knows. He's still young and has room for growth. At the very least he should be able to help Albany.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Our D depth chart is ridiculous.

Greene
Larsson
Severson
Merrill
Gelinas
Helgeson
Hrabarenka
Mozik
Santini
Jacobs
Right side is awesome, left side is weak
In order of depth

RH
Larsson
Severson
Santini
Jacobs
Hrabarenka
Scarlett
McPherson
Rehill
Mozik

LH
Greene
Merrill
Gelinas
Helgeson
Burlon
Kelly?

Last edited:

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Low risk as said, like that he is not afraid to shoot, and doesn't seem to have to wind up to release. Also like that hes comfortable skating with the puck. Will be interesting to watch what he can do.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
behold, our new guy

mozik_vojtech.jpg

Apparently he really wanted to play for Chicago.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
This is just a depth move. I dont think its a sign that anyone is gone.

The AHL needs bodies, plus it just adds some competition at camp.

What do we have right now:

NHL
Greene Larrson
Merrill Severson
Gelinas UFA/Hrabarenka/Helgeson

AHL
Hrabarenka/Helgeson Scarlett
McPherson Burlon
Mozik Kelly/Rehill(if he is down with Jrs. dunno much about him.)

Looks like the AHL might need to add another player or 2 anyway and the NHL doesnt really have a 7th either.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I would go as far as only having 4 bonafide nhlers on that list. Some great prospects...but only 4 true nhlers as of now.

I agree.

Organizational depth is not the same as team depth. And within that organizational depth you have varying timelines and probabilities...
In a lot of ways it doesn't even make sense to even think about a guy like Jacobs or even Santini.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad