Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Tomas Nosek (1 year, $1 million)

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Mcleod IS just a guy lmao

He had a good playoffs, but he’s had good stretches before, immediately followed by 40 game goalless streaks.

The fact we just signed a guy for 1M on July 19th that is (if everyone is being honest with themselves) a passable replacement for him is evidence enough that he’s replaceable.

Never got why mcleod guys are so touchy about their mediocre dude. Nothing wrong with being a mediocre NHLer.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
the fans with a fetish for Foote are in a frenzy (i had to use a thesaurus for frenzy)

anyway, this is a smart move for a team that considers itself a cup contender. with hellebuck prob not being realistic this time around, its good to shore up the other parts of the team.

love his faceoff and pk ability
It's not fans that are talking up Foote, it's Fitz himself. That's why we all are assuming he's going to have a role sooner rather than later.

re: Nosek...yeah this could just be good depth and it also could be forward planning in case of something dropping with McLeod - I'd be fine with either rationale.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
?????

“He is just a guy. If he didnt win faceoffs (which overall don't matter) at a very high clip, no one would care about him.”

I didn’t have to go back very far through my notes to find this…..

Unless you wanted me to find the quote that you just made up instead of what I actually said. Then you are right as usual, I can’t defend something you just made up for me.

Again, keep telling us more about that strawman.

Overall, he is just a guy. He scored a couple of big goals in the playoffs. Sometimes, just a guy players do this.

He is an okay 4th liner. That doesnt mean he "wasnt a factor in the playoffs". Both things can be true. Happy to help!

Reactions: MasterofGrond

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Overall, he is just a guy. He scored a couple of big goals in the playoffs. Sometimes, just a guy players do this.

He is an okay 4th liner. That doesnt mean he "wasnt a factor in the playoffs". Both things can be true. Happy to help!
I jumped in when you called someone else out on strawmanning while doing it yourself, this short exchange definitely helped prove that with out a doubt. So thanks!

Roomtemperature

Apr 8, 2008
New Jersey
Depth on the bottom ain't no bad thing in case of a short term injury, someone needing a break, or just to rotate in for guys who are cold/matchups. You just get in trouble when you ask them to do too much or if you sign them for too much/ too long.

Reactions: Guadana

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I’m sort of confused. Did we need this?

We do if Mikey is not available.

Depth on the bottom ain't no bad thing in case of a short term injury, someone needing a break, or just to rotate in for guys who are cold/matchups. You just get in trouble when you ask them to do too much or if you sign them for too much/ too long.

See: Miles Wood.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I think McLeod is better in our system specifically due to his speed, but I wouldn't be surprised to see both of them in the lineup to be honest. We need good forward PKers because that is going to be a weakness of our defenders.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It’s one thing for Patty to get involved when it comes to a big fish like Palat but to get personally involved on a fourth liner in the middle of summer…can we have a better ambassador for the franchise? Chico is a national treasure and Dano is the most emotional fan but Patty’s the guy you want as an emissary to foreign powers.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It’s one thing for Patty to get involved when it comes to a big fish like Palat but to get personally involved on a fourth liner in the middle of summer…can we have a better ambassador for the franchise? Chico is a national treasure and Dano is the most emotional fan but Patty’s the guy you want as an emissary to foreign powers.
It’s a pity he couldn’t work regularly with Zacha. Maybe that story could have been different.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
This signing cements a theory I had about Fitz:

He'd rather have a pile of spare depth centers than have a small few spare wingers. Centers can slot to wing far easier than wingers slotting to center.
So what is going on on the draft? Our prisoects center depth is thin as Joshua Filmon. Hope he will adress it on the next draft. We thought he should fix right defenseman's pool in 2021, but he did it in 2022.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
No, I think Pavel's dad f***ed things up for him.

It was actually detailed a bit in an article on the Athletic just this past April.

I don't have the Athletic anymore, but I recall his upbringing being brought up in his first year or two here and hearing his dad was a nightmare.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
If we have Fitz with a master vision and the Saban in-home visit of the NHL working for us, it;s over for everyone else. Calling it.
It’s a pity he couldn’t work regularly with Zacha. Maybe that story could have been different.
I think Zacha's biggest problem here from a fan perspective is that he was the first big rebuilding piece but ended up just being a solid, imperfect player. If he had been picked in the 2nd round or something I think fans would have been easier on him. In a lot of ways he was a similar player to Sharangovich in terms of strengths and weaknesses and everybody loved him (granted he had a better personality but I digress).

From a team standpoint, he did himself no favors trying to play up a KHL contract as leverage when he had barely accomplished anything in the NHL to that point. It seemed like he was never held in the same regard internally after that.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If we have Fitz with a master vision and the Saban in-home visit of the NHL working for us, it;s over for everyone else. Calling it.

I think Zacha's biggest problem here from a fan perspective is that he was the first big rebuilding piece but ended up just being a solid, imperfect player. If he had been picked in the 2nd round or something I think fans would have been easier on him. In a lot of ways he was a similar player to Sharangovich in terms of strengths and weaknesses and everybody loved him (granted he had a better personality but I digress).

From a team standpoint, he did himself no favors trying to play up a KHL contract as leverage when he had barely accomplished anything in the NHL to that point. It seemed like he was never held in the same regard internally after that.
Did you just reference Nick Saban?

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
It was actually detailed a bit in an article on the Athletic just this past April.

I don't have the Athletic anymore, but I recall his upbringing being brought up in his first year or two here and hearing his dad was a nightmare.

It's not nearly as abusive, but it sounds almost like a Czech version of Bobby Ryan's childhood.

Reactions: Darkauron

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad