Confirmed with Link: Devils sign PL3

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
won't be up I guess, not with TooToo in the bigs

Tootoo and PL3 are in different weight classes. Tootoo fights, but he's here primarily to agitate, add a little speed and physicality. PL3 is only here to fight. After all, PL3 has 4 inches on Tootoo. As unpopular the idea of an enforcer is, there are still people that take liberties on more skilled players and we're not fortunate enough to have a Milan Lucic that can play and enforce at the same time. I suspect that even if PL3 does get into the line up, it'll only be for one reason. I doubt he even gets a shift other than to get retribution on some other guy.

GhostofKenKlee

Fighting in this era is dumb, to have a token guy on every team to fight just means they plot fights with each other. You have guys like Lucic who are one off and how much fighting does he do? Ten fights the last two years, hardly a reason to keep a guy of Hyphenators/Barch/Boulton/Cam or any of them on a team.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Love the clueless hate.

Signing a bodyguard for Zacha (if he sees time in the AHL) or Quenneville or whoever, is NOT a bad idea.

The A is rife with guys who can't control their tempers, their sticks, their bodies and who can take out your thoroughbred with one bad decision. I don't want any of our kids fighting and breaking a hand defending themselves a la McDavid.

Lou's fault. <somehow - from beyond the ether>

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Love the clueless hate.

Signing a bodyguard for Zacha (if he sees time in the AHL) or Quenneville or whoever, is NOT a bad idea.

The A is rife with guys who can't control their tempers, their sticks, their bodies and who can take out your thoroughbred with one bad decision. I don't want any of our kids fighting and breaking a hand defending themselves a la McDavid.

Lou's fault. <somehow - from beyond the ether>

You're right. The AHL is rife with guys like PL3.

GhostofKenKlee

I'm not sure what Lou has to do with any of this or why he was brought up

Invoke his name with a joke and then question when others do.

:laugh:

You must of forgotten you started this thread and interjected his name.

zomgz lou is back!!!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

:laugh:

zomgz lou is back!!!

To be fair, I think I was the first one to bring up Lou here.

I didn't really mean to make this about him though, or mean for the Lou talk to go beyond my post. The point I was trying to make was that if we signed PL3 with Lou as GM still, I would be afraid that PL3 MIGHT see some NHL ice time. Or more afraid than I am with Shero making the signing now, just for the fact that Lou has regularly signed these kinds of players almost every offseason. Though at the same time, we didn't have an actual one dimensional goon on this roster last year at all, nor for the better part of 13-14. Aside from when Pete wanted to ''Inject a tough guy'' into the lineup when the team needed a ''Spark''.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I was trying to remember his other nickname when he was here last. It finally came to me after a few minutes of thinking:

The Hyphenator.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with burying a goon down in Albany. It's not like he's going to take away development time from a skill forward.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
When I saw the news, I immediately checked to see if it was a one-way or two-way contract.

You must have low confidence in Shero if you thought this could be a one-way contract. I'd start the #FireShero hashtag before his first game as GM were this a one-way contract.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
speaking of hyphens …….remember the '08 devs Ateam had both PL3 and JLGP :laugh:

makes my head spin

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0043132008.html

I don't have much recollection of JLGP playing on our minor league club. I didn't even realize he was ever in our organization.

I do remember him scoring a late goal to tie a game against us when he played for Columbus early in the 02-03 season. It was like one of the first games of the season. I think we tied too. Of course some lousy schlep like him tied the game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's only played 4 NHL games since that last game with us against Washington in 10-11.

3 of them were with Calgary in the 2011-2012 season, then a single game with the Penguins in the 2013-2014 season.

GhostofKenKlee

I guess we now can't tell the difference between a joke and someone being serious

Here's what I wrote

zomgz lou is back!!!

Who made you the judge of when he can be brought up and other's opinions. What's funny to me at least is that you brought him up and then question when others do.

NHL Fanatik*

Nothing good about this signing - not even for the AHL.

In fact, this signing is a step backwards. Makes me question this Hynes character.

Banana Sandwiches

Jul 18, 2011
I like this.

Of course, I like fighting, which is why I like the signing.

Probably destined for Albany, but he should make pre-season fun, and I'm hoping he gets called up for some tougher teams later in the season.

EDIT: I love the hate this is getting. This is a 1 year, 2-way contract for probably league minimum and people here are freaking out and losing their minds.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
PL3's been with the Penguins org in Wilkes-Barre the past two years. If this is Fitzgerald playing some sort of favorites game because "well OUR goon isn't like the rest of the guys in the league who we need to protect our players from guys like our goon" then I hate this signing even more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad