Devils sign Michael Ryder (2 years, $3.5M AAV)

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
:laugh: I find that so fascinating. I mean, it fully makes sense that players are as obsessed with their equipment as any of the rest of us would be, but such a simple thing seems to have given Ryder a kick in the ass that he needed.

Whatever keeps him going works for me! He looks better at this stage than he did at nearly any point last year, save for that stretch where he was constantly scoring for a good month.

He claimed none of those skates felt comfortable or let him cut/turn the way he was used to. He would keep falling down and taking himself out of the play so he kept changing skates and changing the way he played. That's pretty drastic when you can't play the way you want to - and the way you've had success.

But now he's got that figured out and hopefully his A game is back for good. :crossfing

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
He claimed none of those skates felt comfortable or let him cut/turn the way he was used to. He would keep falling down and taking himself out of the play so he kept changing skates and changing the way he played. That's pretty drastic when you can't play the way you want to - and the way you've had success.

But now he's got that figured out and hopefully his A game is back for good. :crossfing
The Clowe goal was pretty slick. The quick pass from Henrique to Ryder was very nice, then from Ryder to Clowe for the finish.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Happy for him. Like I said before when people were calling for him to be traded, this roster couldn't afford to lose any offense.

Hope he can keep it up. Like the guy.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Happy for him. Like I said before when people were calling for him to be traded, this roster couldn't afford to lose any offense.

Hope he can keep it up. Like the guy.

I'm not going to lie, I preferred Brunner to him because I feel like Brunner's speed is more valuable to the roster. It's still early though, hopefully Ryder can keep this up.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
The #1 moment in David Clarkson skating history

tumblr_m3t4dnL3u61rvjo7oo1_500.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad