Confirmed with Link: Devil's sign Jim O'Brien 1 year, $575,000

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 19s19 seconds ago
Shero said he sees O'Brien competing for 4th line C job. Played some for John Hynes in U.S. national team program.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Ok. What else can anyone say? Go Jim? Yay Jim? All Hail Jimmy O?

Hes got ties to Hynes so theres an obvious connection there, lets see what happens.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
This is the only highlight I can find on him

Hes the passer obviously

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Congratulations to him (even though I really don't know who he is) and welcome to the Devils. I guess it sounds like Shero thinks he could be a 4C, pushing Gio to wing. Gio struggled with some of the responsibilities of a center, so maybe he would be better at wing. He's just another fourth liner on a team with a ton of them, but maybe he brings more speed or something.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi guys. Hershey Bears season ticket holder coming in peace. O'Brien was arguably the best player for the Bears since he came over and a big reason Hershey hit the 100 point mark this season. He has size, but he has decent wheels for his size. Gets low on his faceoffs similar to Dave Steckel and was solid at the dot. The AHL doesn't track FO % but I would assume he was one of the highest on the team last season. He also played both the PP and PK. I think he would do just fine with 4th line minutes next season and if he doesn't make the big club he will be a top line center for Albany

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hi guys. Hershey Bears season ticket holder coming in peace. O'Brien was arguably the best player for the Bears since he came over and a big reason Hershey hit the 100 point mark this season. He has size, but he has decent wheels for his size. Gets low on his faceoffs similar to Dave Steckel and was solid at the dot. The AHL doesn't track FO % but I would assume he was one of the highest on the team last season. He also played both the PP and PK. I think he would do just fine with 4th line minutes next season and if he doesn't make the big club he will be a top line center for Albany

Thanks for the report.

Definitely like that, and sounds world's better then Gio.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
No problem guys. Definitely will be following the Devils more closely to see how he's doing. Sad to see him leave. Good luck next season!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I just hope we're not cursing this guy halfway through the season if Hynes overplays him and he's HIS version of Gio :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad