Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Gelinas (1 year, $900k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Hooray!

Let's hear that he fired his agent next, so we can look forward to this guy playing on our team.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
Gotta think Gelinas caved. I'm still not happy with him over this whole ordeal. Feels like he'll bolt as soon as he hits UFA for big money.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Gotta think Gelinas caved. I'm still not happy with him over this whole ordeal. Feels like he'll bolt as soon as he hits UFA for big money.

Hopefully Eric pushed to get the contract done and everything is worked out..however I have to agree that I'd be a little bit worried he'd bolt whenever he can for a big pay day. Lou may have noticed this and could trade him tho before he can, who knows...but glad to see he's there!

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Great news.. Curious to know his salary so we can see who caved, but my guess is Eric called his agent and stopped the charade

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Great news.. Curious to know his salary so we can see who caved, but my guess is Eric called his agent and stopped the charade

If I could picture a best case scenario, Gelinas called Lou himself after realizing what his agent was doing and said let's get this done ourselves and then told his agent to take a long walk off a pier.

Doubtful, but it would be nice if something like that went down.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
no need for Kaberle anymore now.

Never was.

Hopefully Eric pushed to get the contract done and everything is worked out..however I have to agree that I'd be a little bit worried he'd bolt whenever he can for a big pay day. Lou may have noticed this and could trade him tho before he can, who knows...but glad to see he's there!

I understand your concern but just remember that much of what happened is a normal negotiating process, minus the agent coming out publicly. Hopefully Gelinas cements his position on the team and him and Lou can look past this.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I understand your concern but just remember that much of what happened is a normal negotiating process, minus the agent coming out publicly. Hopefully Gelinas cements his position on the team and him and Lou can look past this.

The agent is a pretty big deal though given who he is and his history with Lou.

But yeah today's not the day to be planning Gelinas' departure :laugh: Even guys that have contract issues, if they're good enough Lou'll try to keep them. And for all we know Lou won't be around when Gelinas becomes UFA anyway.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Never was.

oh I absolutely agree.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
If I could picture a best case scenario, Gelinas called Lou himself after realizing what his agent was doing and said let's get this done ourselves and then told his agent to take a long walk off a pier.

Doubtful, but it would be nice if something like that went down.

I'm sure Lou was accompanying that walk off the pier with a brand new pair of cement shoes

Sheros expletives

Jan 9, 2014
Profit

Attachments

• hämta.jpg
    hämta.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
@renlavoietva: Contrat d'Éric Gélinas avec les Devils. Un an / 900 000 $ #tvasports

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
He deserved more than 900k. It is a shame Lou wasn't willing to give him a fair deal (~1.2m). These are the type of cheap shots that players remember when they start to have some leverage.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
He deserved more than 900k. It is a shame Lou wasn't willing to give him a fair deal (~1.2m). These are the type of cheap shots that players remember when they start to have some leverage.

I don't think he would deserved anything more than 1m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad