Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Sens October 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Who is doing the pre-GDT. Would like someone to do a Days of Future's past type thing where we show one of our players and the closest comparable old Senator. IE: A clear pic of Karlsson and a faded picture of Redden in the background

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
This is one I would LOVE to attend. Unfortunately, I'll be in Mont-Tremblant... Sing loud, sing proud for me, those attending. I actually always choke up every time we sing the anthem. :cry:

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
This is one I would LOVE to attend. Unfortunately, I'll be in Mont-Tremblant... Sing loud, sing proud for me, those attending. I actually always choke up every time we sing the anthem. :cry:

That's a solid place to be if you're not gonna be watching the game.

I actually almost thought of going there this weekend as well.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
That's a solid place to be if you're not gonna be watching the game.

I actually almost thought of going there this weekend as well.

Weekend of party - Sauna, Spa, hot tubs... 3 birthdays celebrated at once.

Also, Damn Mr Waffles, long time no see!

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
I fully predict a gong show in the first period, perhaps similar to when we played the Avalanche. Well likely be rusty AND inexperienced. ;)

I expect a 'no-expenses' style memorable and meaningful tribute to Cirillo. If he was off tonight, he might have attended the game with his pals.

3-2 sens in OT, a grindy defensive game from both sides.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
I think the fans in Ottawa should take a page of the Blackhawks books and cheer loudly throughout the anthem! :handclap: How emotional would that be!! :)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This is going to be a big one....and not for the two points.

I hope the kids on the team are up for it. It's going to be an emotional roller coaster.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Since everyone is going to be rusty, why not use this one as a chance to get Cowen back on the ice ?

He can't ride the pine all year, I think he deserves a chance to get his confidence back.

DeVoice

Jan 26, 2012
Sarnia
i don't know i would think the team has to brace this with its city and draw from this tragedy to be stronger. I go one time each year and have been to many cities in Canada and every year when i make my trip for a game (9 hr Drive) Ottawa is truly to me anyway a city with a small town feel. I don't think Sens games will ever be quiet like they use too.

just hope the sens can draw on that.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I fully expect a mess of a game. Emotions, off for a week... yikes.

This is one of those rare games where we'll get a glimpse of what our guys are made of. Everything is against them...long layoff, disruption to the routine, being in Ottawa absorbing the atmosphere for the past few days, and a big emotional game the whole country will be watching on Saturday night.

There's all the excuses in the world for the guys to have a bad game. It'll be interesting to see who can rise above all that.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Apparently there's going to be a coordinated tribute between Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa for the victims of the recent tragedies

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I expect a loss. To much time off, and after the game the players will probably make some remark about having the tragedies on their mind.

Karlsson2Turris*

I think Leafs always have a tribute to soldiers during home games (arranged by Lupul if I'm not mistaken)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad