Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Sens Dec. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunadio

Feb 8, 2006
nice win but man its obvious Ryan is one lazy waste of talent in his own zone or chasing down pucks .hes doesn't even try just makes a little move towards puck the lets up .he can't clear the puck just takes a swat at it or falls down . 5 times he had a chance to clear and 5 times he failed .if only the coach could make a video he could tape all his lazy ass dumb play and leave it in his locker maybe shame him into playing with heart.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
nice win but man its obvious Ryan is one lazy waste of talent in his own zone or chasing down pucks .hes doesn't even try just makes a little move towards puck the lets up .he can't clear the puck just takes a swat at it or falls down . 5 times he had a chance to clear and 5 times he failed .if only the coach could make a video he could tape all his lazy ass dumb play and leave it in his locker maybe shame him into playing with heart.

he can be very frustrating to watch at times (often)

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I was very worried after the road trip, but these last two games have somewhat reassured me. Should have won against an excellent Sharks team, and we were solid all around tonight against NJ. I'm still concerned with the tough schedule coming up, but if we can bank another two points against a weak Isles team tomorrow, it'll look good for us going forward as far as staying in the playoff picture.

I just like this team. Right now. This season. I really get a lot of fans are still upset and not sold on this team or owner or management. I don't care.

I might not be super negative here often. But I have been bleh about the team a lot of the time in the last 5/6 years. Everyone has at times. But I even add to liking this team... I am starting to love this team.

We have guts. We have vets. We have one of the best and most exciting players in the world playing near perfect and lights out each game. I think we finally have an identity and a good system under a good coach in the first time since... like under Murray?

This team is actually at least pretty good. And I am a glass half full type so we are this level of pretty good with Anderson missing often.., Brassard, Ryan, Pageau, Smith, Lazar not playing nearly as well as they probably can and will eventually tjis season.

There is a lot to like about this team now, finally. And maybe a lot to love.

Happy to be a fan tonight

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Smith looked real good with brass and stone. Maybe move Hoff with turris when he gets back and dzingel with pageau?

lunadio

Feb 8, 2006
i mainly watch and don't comment a lot but i just had to he got lucky on his goal but i would sit his lazy ass in the press box as soon as this team gets Mac and Hoff back.something has to be done he really is hurting this team.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Any video of the hit on Karlsson and the hit/scrap involving Methot?

Didn't have the game tonight for reasons of a frustrating nature.

Last edited:

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I thought Smith has been looking pretty good too. Condon had a nice game saver but some nice breaks too. Bailey really looked like he was on his horse galloping out there.

Real noticeable improvement last few games of getting rid of those multiple periods of sustained pressure in our zone that caused so much depression for us. Nice win. Devils though, after such a nice start, i was so worried that would be our fate this month. Keep it going Sens

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Somehow we're 2nd in the Atlantic :laugh:

Yes. However we are 6 games over .500.

Boston is 3 games over.

Carolina out of the playoffs chasing us are only 2 games over.

Tampa is dangerous in the long run at 1 game over as well as Florida 1 game over. But they will catch Boston before us.

Sure if we fall to the wildcard the Metro division is likely taking 5 playoff spots. But realistically we are 4 and 5 games up on the teams that can push us out of the playoffs. That is pretty good. No reason for overconfidence but even if we lose a couple of games in a row we are still going to be in the playoffs.

I would prefer to feel like we are chasing the Habs then worry about those chasing us. Even if it is just over a third of the season done.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yes. However we are 6 games over .500.

Boston is 3 games over.

Carolina out of the playoffs chasing us are only 2 games over.

Tampa is dangerous in the long run at 1 game over as well as Florida 1 game over. But they will catch Boston before us.

Sure if we fall to the wildcard the Metro division is likely taking 5 playoff spots. But realistically we are 4 and 5 games up on the teams that can push us out of the playoffs. That is pretty good. No reason for overconfidence but even if we lose a couple of games in a row we are still going to be in the playoffs.

I would prefer to feel like we are chasing the Habs then worry about those chasing us. Even if it is just over a third of the season done.

Its looking like we better hold on to one of the top 3 in the Atlantic. We need to stay ahead of Boston

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
We won a game we needed to win.

Very impressed with Lazar, he is looking like the speedy energetic guy we hoped to get when we drafted him.

Smith with a great game. The rest were meh. It was a stalemate for the most part.

Ceci played great or couldnt get the puck out of his zone. No inbetween. Ryan couldn't get the puck out period.

Turris needs help but I unno if I'd break up Hoffman-Brassard-Stone. Hoffman and Stone have great chem.

These should be the lines:

Hoffman-Brassard-Stone
Smith-Turris-Dzingel
Pyatt-Pageau-Ryan
XXXX-Lazar-Neil

Put Ryan on 3rd line, trust me.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Bailey was everything you could possibly want in a 4th liner. It appeared his speed was good, his tenacity on the puck was amazing (I doubt he could sustain that level for over 5 minutes a game?), just a demon of a forechecker.

I'd be interested in seeing more, but he's only got one more game up here I would assume.

Also liked Lazar tonight for what feels like the first time in...a long time.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We definitely do need to keep on picking up points.

I just don't know how long Tampa can stay where they are right now. I expect them to start playing better and win more games.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Boro trying to play without a skate blade was funny, but glad the ref finally called the play dead.

Most likely did it to prevent an injury.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada

Well maybe this game but overall he's pretty solid along the boards clearing out the zone. I'd even say he chases too much sometimes, I don't see your point. There are many reasons to whine on Ryan and this board does it well but in his own zone he's in position majority of the time and clears it. Pageau is one I see turning it over many times yet no one says anything. Many others too.

And Ryan will never sit

Also, Lazar looks faster and more dangerous this year, hasn't been rewarded yet but he plays good

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad