Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Sens Dec. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Guys lazar might be good.

Karlsson was imperious.

Ceci in the first and second almost made me throw up. Then in the third he was very good.

Pageau was good. Smith was good.

I liked Casey Bailey. Does every fast. Could be down to being his first game and taking no chances.

Brassard was brassard. He's always has his foot on the gas. Sometimes it feels like he's driving in no particular direction.

Ryan was slow. Sluggish sloppy.

I've yet to see the goals actually. Went to the bathroom for all of them.

Last edited:

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
That's two games in a row where someone has taken a gross cheap shot at league superstar Erik Karlsson. Vlasic's spear was behind the play (and he did get a tiny fine), but I'm surprised there's no uproar over the NJ guy who headshotted EK last night. That was not a whole lot different from Hoffman's crosscheck vs. SJ, and it happened with a ref staring right at it.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That's two games in a row where someone has taken a gross cheap shot at league superstar Erik Karlsson. Vlasic's spear was behind the play (and he did get a tiny fine), but I'm surprised there's no uproar over the NJ guy who headshotted EK last night. That was not a whole lot different from Hoffman's crosscheck vs. SJ, and it happened with a ref staring right at it.

I missed it, was there any video?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Boucher really impressed with Bailey in the postgame comments.

Should be. He makes that line so much better and more useful. If he can keep,that up. Which is unlikely unfortunately, but.....optimism!

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Yea that was ********. The infuriating thing was the ref was standing right in front of them and shook his head as in there was no penalty on the play

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Reffing is really inconsistent game to game. I thought they missed quite a few calls that could have been made last night.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

I enjoyed how Methot responded to that by absolutely rocking Taylor Hall shortly after with a great open ice hit. Getting a powerplay on top of that.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We won a game we needed to win.

Very impressed with Lazar, he is looking like the speedy energetic guy we hoped to get when we drafted him.

Smith with a great game. The rest were meh. It was a stalemate for the most part.

Ceci played great or couldnt get the puck out of his zone. No inbetween. Ryan couldn't get the puck out period.

Turris needs help but I unno if I'd break up Hoffman-Brassard-Stone. Hoffman and Stone have great chem.

These should be the lines:

Hoffman-Brassard-Stone
Smith-Turris-Dzingel
Pyatt-Pageau-Ryan
XXXX-Lazar-Neil

Put Ryan on 3rd line, trust me.

What did you think of Bailey? You're advanced scouting reports have not been very favorable.

I thought Smith Brassard and Stone were good together.
I wouldn't mind trying Hoffman Turris Dzingel

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Yea that was ********. The infuriating thing was the ref was standing right in front of them and waved shook his head as in there was no penalty on the play

Here's the difference: Karlsson got up and gave the ref a dirty look, instead of flopping on his face and pretending to be unconscious.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Here's the difference: Karlsson got up and gave the ref a dirty look, instead of flopping on his face and pretending to be unconscious.

Which is unfortunate. A penalty is a penalty regardless

Looks as though Smith and Brassard may be able to build some chemistry. They looked good together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad