Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Sens Dec. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

It's pretty unbelievable that's not a penalty.

No puck. No initiating anything by Karlsson. He just gets two gloves and a stick to the face with no penalty.

Interference, roughing, highsticking - the referee had a ton of options and is just a ****ing incompetent moron.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Didn't really have had the time (and desire) to comment in the last 2 GDTs but overall pleased with the last 2 games. 3 points out of 4 and they were actually skating and displaying more energy, activating, with more puck support than the road trip.

Still not liking the way they play with the lead but hopefully Boucher changes his ways (of wanting to win every game 2-1), but I'm not expecting it.

Well maybe this game but overall he's pretty solid along the boards clearing out the zone. I'd even say he chases too much sometimes, I don't see your point. There are many reasons to whine on Ryan and this board does it well but in his own zone he's in position majority of the time and clears it. Pageau is one I see turning it over many times yet no one says anything. Many others too.

I know...A lot of bias on HF...

The way Ryan is going, he just may reach his jersey number in goals. Good thing he changed it from 6 to a 9 .... :sarcasm:

2 goals, 1 assist in last 3 games.

Also, the team is 7-2-1 when Ryan gets a point.

That's two games in a row where someone has taken a gross cheap shot at league superstar Erik Karlsson. Vlasic's spear was behind the play (and he did get a tiny fine), but I'm surprised there's no uproar over the NJ guy who headshotted EK last night. That was not a whole lot different from Hoffman's crosscheck vs. SJ, and it happened with a ref staring right at it.

Yeah I saw that. I was astounded when I saw the ref head movement on that sequence... Seriously, WTF?

Fumbling all over is very clown-like, isn't it? Whether it's because your shoes are too big or you're missing a skate blade it still comes off clown-esque. The only thing missing from that sequence was someone running out and spraying him with a seltzer bottle.

Are you really serious? What a dumb comment

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

No puck. No initiating anything by Karlsson. He just gets two gloves and a stick to the face with no penalty.

Interference, roughing, highsticking - the referee had a ton of options and is just a ****ing incompetent moron.
Honestly surprised it isn't being reviewed by the dops. That checked off every box but injury.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Well maybe this game but overall he's pretty solid along the boards clearing out the zone. I'd even say he chases too much sometimes, I don't see your point. There are many reasons to whine on Ryan and this board does it well but in his own zone he's in position majority of the time and clears it. Pageau is one I see turning it over many times yet no one says anything. Many others too.
I know...A lot of bias on HF...

JGP with the turnover because he has no one to pass to.

Some of us aim for neutral bias.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
What did you think of Bailey? You're advanced scouting reports have not been very favorable.

I thought Smith Brassard and Stone were good together.
I wouldn't mind trying Hoffman Turris Dzingel

What? Bailey did the best thing he could do and that's play simple game, make simple passes and skate hard. Not much to conclude from that.

Smith-Stone are always good together. Hoffman-Turris-Dzingel might be too soft but my point is to remove Ryan from top 6 altogether. We have seen Turris and Dzingel most effective when they attack with speed.

Ref watches the clear penalty and just shakes his head..

Absolutely appalling. Imagine that was Crosby.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
What? Bailey did the best thing he could do and that's play simple game, make simple passes and skate hard. Not much to conclude from that.

These advanced scouting reports. In advance of the game.

Cool. Casey Bailey. Will be interesting.

Trust me, he won't. We're just rewarding good production at this point. We are ridiculously thin in the AHL level.

Lol Casey Bailey is nothing more than AHLer at best. Trust me.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Are you really serious? What a dumb comment

Well I don't see how Boro falling all over didn't have a clown-like feel to it, maybe I'm just old enough to actually remember going to the circus. How my comment has caused the previous poster I answered and you such consternation escapes me.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
These advanced scouting reports. In advance of the game.

And? He did nothing noteworthy lol, you're acting like he scored a hattrick or made game-changing hit. Go back to Robinson's first re-call and check the thread, people get too hyped with 4th line guys making their >8 min debuts.

He has 4th line speed and size but his hands are terrible, imo. A few games won't change that. Bailey was whiffing point blank shots from the slot during pre-season. McCormick is a better consistent option for 4th line but like i said, we're rewarding good production and Bailey is playing with good confidence so good call but nothing will come of this. If it does, then something must have drastically changed but I doubt it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
And? He did nothing noteworthy lol, you're acting like he scored a hattrick or made game-changing hit. Go back to Robinson's first re-call and check the thread, people get too hyped with 4th line guys making their >8 min debuts.

He has 4th line speed and size but his hands are terrible, imo. A few games won't change that. Bailey was whiffing point blank shots from the slot during pre-season. McCormick is a better consistent option for 4th line but like i said, we're rewarding good production and Bailey is playing with good confidence so good call but nothing will come of this. If it does, then something must have drastically changed but I doubt it.

1st of all I was asking what you thought. When you said What? I thought you did not recall.

No I thought he was ok. Worth another look. I'd like to see more. No endorsement beyond that.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I could see the hit EK getting a penalty, its a close judgement call, but it seemed closer to incidental contact than suspendable head shot to me. He even let go of this stick as he hit him. Dont see it at all comparable with hoffs vicious hit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Well I don't see how Boro falling all over didn't have a clown-like feel to it, maybe I'm just old enough to actually remember going to the circus. How my comment has caused the previous poster I answered and you such consternation escapes me.

Have you ever tried to skate with no blade? Yes it was a comical moment but there's nothing Borowiecki could have done to stay in the play. It would have been the same for any player. But it was Boro, biggest scapegoat here. Nothing in that sequence made him a "clown", he was actually pretty pissed off because the refs wouldn't call the play off.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
I could see the hit EK getting a penalty, its a close judgement call, but it seemed closer to incidental contact than suspendable head shot to me. He even let go of this stick as he hit him. Dont see it at all comparable with hoffs vicious hit

It was a head shot that knocked his helmet off. How do you "incidentally" raise both hands and your stick and shove them into a guy's head? I wouldn't expect a suspension, because Karlsson didn't pretend to be hurt, but how could a ref watch that and not even call a penalty?
(Just in case someone is still reading this thread.)

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Have you ever tried to skate with no blade? Yes it was a comical moment but there's nothing Borowiecki could have done to stay in the play. It would have been the same for any player. But it was Boro, biggest scapegoat here. Nothing in that sequence made him a "clown", he was actually pretty pissed off because the refs wouldn't call the play off.

You've decided to take the term clown as a derogatory one. My statement was not, "Boro is a *** clown!" It was, "Boro is officially a clown" - and that followed a sequence that was comical. And yes, I have had a blade fall off.

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
You've decided to take the term clown as a derogatory one. My statement was not, "Boro is a *** clown!" It was, "Boro is officially a clown" - and that followed a sequence that was comical. And yes, I have had a blade fall off.

Yeah, I don't know why you're catching so much heat for such an innocuous comment.

It was clown-like. If Karlsson's skate blade fell off and he was flailing around on the ice, it would also have been clown-like. This has nothing to do with Borowiecki personally, it was just a funny situation.

The commentators were both laughing, the Sens bench was laughing. It was funny.

Saabman0508

Harb Quote Count: 9
Aug 15, 2010
Ottawa

Not sure if it's been said yet or not, but that ****ing incompetent moron is Tim Peel. I was at the game and as soon as I saw his name up on the screen I knew there was gonna be an abundance of bad calls and missed calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad