GDT: Devils Revolution will NOT be televised PART 2! Devils Vs Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
He was the only player I hated on the 11-12 Devils team.

One game we were getting a PP and he did something to cause us to get penalized. He claimed that he thought the Flyers were getting the PP, and that he was trying to get them into taking a penalty. M

Then the next week, he took a stupid penalty in a game against the Rangers. We were starting to come back in the game, but they scored and put us back down by 2. I threw a party when I heard we were buying him out. :laugh:

I ****ing hate him too. Didn't he cry about not getting a chance? He's lucky the Devils let him watch the run to the final in the press box.

GhostofKenKlee

I wanted to take the time to publically thank the Devils for the lack of tv coverage for this game and last weeks. Moments like this make me proud to be not only a Devils fan, but a hockey fan in general.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
C'mon man - you hated just about everybody for some period of time... :naughty:

There's some players that I wound up not liking from that team. I don't particularly like Janssen as a hockey player, but he never bothered me that season.

There are some players who I liked then, that I can't stand now. Bernier, Salvador (that should have been the end of his Devils tenure), and I didn't particularly like Volchenkov or Tallinder. Tallinder missed the second half of that season, so it was easy to forget about him.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I wanted to take the time to publically thank the Devils for the lack of tv coverage for this game and last weeks. Moments like this make me proud to be not only a Devils fan, but a hockey fan in general.

Man...doesn't anyone remember,not too long ago, when not all of the Devils REGULAR sesson games were televised locally?

Now we complain about Preseason...We've come a long way baby!

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
There's some players that I wound up not liking from that team. I don't particularly like Janssen as a hockey player, but he never bothered me that season.

There are some players who I liked then, that I can't stand now. Bernier, Salvador (that should have been the end of his Devils tenure), and I didn't particularly like Volchenkov or Tallinder. Tallinder missed the second half of that season, so it was easy to forget about him.

Kurtis Foster.....

Bradley Mills, Steve Zalewski, the turnover on that team was incredible.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kurtis Foster.....

Bradley Mills, Steve Zalewski, the turnover on that team was incredible.

Haha forgot about those guys.

Zalewski didn't really bother me, I don't remember him much though. Brad Mills sucked. There was also the one dude who went over in the Zids trade. Stephane Veilleuax or something. Foster sucked, but at least he was only temporary.

Even Rod Pelley and Mark Fraser played for us that year, before getting traded for Foster.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I remember not having any games on TV except the occasional wwor or wpix games vs the Rags

Yeah...when the Devils got a deal with Sports Channel it was a big thing. Even then there were conflicts with the Islanders and not all games were televised... When I was going to school/living in Boston many of the Bruins games weren't televised... NESN had all away games and a local channel(I think it was WBZN) carried some of the home games. But we also didn't have 1000+ channels back then :).

I think the first time I had cable I only had 20 or so channels

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Man...doesn't anyone remember,not too long ago, when not all of the Devils REGULAR sesson games were televised locally?

Now we complain about Preseason...We've come a long way baby!

I do remember those dark days, some games were even on tape delay.

I listened to most games on the radio as a kid since my folks would not shell out the $19.95 monthly fee to Suburban Cable for Sportchannel (meanwhile Rags games were free on MSG).

I got to know Larry Hirsch and Fred Shero well early on, then guys like Chris Moore & Larry Brooks, Dale Arnold (who sounded like Doc Emrick), John Hennessey and of course Mike Miller later on, but by that time most games were on tv.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I ****ing hate him too. Didn't he cry about not getting a chance? He's lucky the Devils let him watch the run to the final in the press box.

Yeah he did. I remember really hating that guy. I'm surprised he is gonna have played 3 years after he was with us. He looked finish that year in Jersey.

I also remember that he was the only player on the team that was not on the ice for a goal scored all season long.

Sik02gt

Mar 4, 2013
theres no online stream for this game?.. whats up with that this year..i remember almost all of the pre season games last year being streamed online somewhere some of them were completely commercial free it was actually pretty cool felt like you were sitting at the game.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 25s25 seconds ago
As someone who covers the #Isles, I avoid discussing crowd sizes. However, as warmups begin in Newark, we're in the triple digits. Barely.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 1m1 minute ago
As literally tens of people can attest, the boards in Newark are yellow tonight. Something to do with TV. Which isn't broadcasting the game.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
https://twitter.com/stevelepore/status/517799962940551169

By-YUcJIcAI2N0u.jpg

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
TG explained it. They are yellow because they are testing a new system to digitally add in ads along the boards during broadcast.

It acts like a green screen

Oh goody...They weren't that color at the game the other night. Im waiting for them to dye all of the players jerseys one color so they can use them as skating billboards for TV. That will be interesting!

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Ya the theory is you can add different ads along the boards on tv.

Also to let you know what MSG thinks is a better money and ratings move then to broadcast this game. MSG is showing nba interviews and + is showing Florida Atlantic vs Florida international college football.

So ya.

Typical MSG...I think they were showing reruns of a Football interview on Sunday night instead of broadcasting the game. Luckily I had tickets for that game but not tonight! Radio will have to due

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Ya the theory is you can add different ads along the boards on tv.

Also to let you know what MSG thinks is a better money and ratings move then to broadcast this game. MSG is showing nba interviews and + is showing Florida Atlantic vs Florida international college football.

So ya.

thats like when ESPN decided not to do hockey anymore, they would show rodeo and girls volley ball instead of the NHL playoffs !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad