GDT: Devil's Revolution will not be televised-New Jersey Devils VS Philidelphia Flyers

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Only Gomez could score two goals in a game and there is no video evidence of it.:laugh:

I hope this website isn't red and black a few weeks from now.

http://didgomezscore.com/

A broken down, half speed Gomez is still a better option than either of those two.

Maybe. Maybe not. Frankly, if Gomez cant gain the zone like he used to, I'm not sure what value he has. He's never been a goal scorer, and his entire game was speed and agility. Once that deteriorates with age, what are you left with?

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I'm still holding out hope Gio could be waived since they know no one would axtually pick him up. That or they toss Bernier out a window.

There's a very optimistic, sunshine and rainbows place inside my mind that is telling me.. Lou has gotten value for PL3. He has gotten value for Barch. Even value for Janssen.

Maybe he can strangle something out of Buffalo to reunite the Gionta brothers.

Doubtful, but I will hold onto hope.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Brunner taking the zone with speed and dipping the shoulder was pretty.

He and Ruutu had a pretty solid neutral zone presence when it came to entries.
I think, if both are kept, they'd make good linemates or would work well on the same PP units (which is where both goals were scored)

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Brunner seriously needs to be on a line with Elias and Havlat. I feel like he's about to break out and he needs good players around him.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Brunner seriously needs to be on a line with Elias and Havlat. I feel like he's about to break out and he needs good players around him.

He had all season last year to "breakout" getting a bunch of chances to play with Elias. He is very weak with the puck. Most NHL defenseman just push him off the puck.

Being a 1 way forward (useless in his own zone) he has to create chances to add value to the team.

I hope it is true that Pete is will to rock a 1,2,3a,3b set up and actually have a skilled 4th line vs an energy line.

Ruutu - Gomez - Brunner IMO could produce if they match up with the other teams 4th liners.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
This is the deepest the Devils have been since the early 00s. Granted, the top two lines aren't nearly as good as they were back then, however we should definitely create match up problems with our bottom six (so long as Gionta and Bernier aren't playing a lot).

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
This is the deepest the Devils have been since the early 00s. Granted, the top two lines aren't nearly as good as they were back then, however we should definitely create match up problems with our bottom six (so long as Gionta and Bernier aren't playing a lot).

just because you have lots of players doesn't mean you are deep with talent. they are deep with good 3rd and 4th line players. I appreciate the optimism and think the devils can compete for a playoff spot but I am not willing to call this a deep bunch, because they have a bunch of fringe players, and many of whom are at the end of their careers.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I don't want to jump the gun... but I don't see that first line working.. I am also impressed with how fast Elias and Havlat have chemistry. It was real fun watching them skate around and pass to each other last Friday... What if the first two lines were:

Henrique-Zajac-Jagr
Cammalleri-Elias-Havlat

I think that is an awesome 1-2 punch.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
just because you have lots of players doesn't mean you are deep with talent. they are deep with good 3rd and 4th line players. I appreciate the optimism and think the devils can compete for a playoff spot but I am not willing to call this a deep bunch, because they have a bunch of fringe players, and many of whom are at the end of their careers.

Fair enough. The Devils' real strength is their puck possession game and their goaltender. Any improvements to the forwards are nice though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't want to jump the gun... but I don't see that first line working.. I am also impressed with how fast Elias and Havlat have chemistry. It was real fun watching them skate around and pass to each other last Friday... What if the first two lines were:

Henrique-Zajac-Jagr
Cammalleri-Elias-Havlat

You now don't have a center for a 3rd line that features Clowe and Ryder that should also score a bunch of goals.

Makes the team top heavy without really improving anything IMO.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Henrique-Zajac-Jagr
Cammalleri-Elias-Havlat

Great! We'll probably get Zubrus back up there if Camm isn't working. :shakehead

Hopefully they remember how he dragged down Trav a and Jags, and remember how that line died out last year.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You now don't have a center for a 3rd line that features Clowe and Ryder that should also score a bunch of goals.

Paging Gomer Pyle.

Call me crazy, but I think Gomez is going to have a pretty good season if he's signed. Don't think he'll exceed 40 points (if even that) but I think he could potentially be a 3rd line center. Or at least a chance at being a 3rd line center. If not, he'll be good for us on the 4th line. I'm a little higher on Gomez than just about everybody though. I am admittedly afraid that he'll disappear after he gets his contract though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Just don't think we have the center depth right now to move Henrique to wing and still have deep scoring even if with sign Gomez.

If we somehow traded for another playmaking center I would change my tune but not with 3C options being JJ, Zubs, Gomez and Gio. Ryder and Clowe could help generate a lot of offense but someone with stone hands, old and run down, or a complete unknown could hamper them.

Edit: I'm not willing yet to trust Gomez to center a third line that has the potential to score a lot on the wings. It's important as hell that we get some real scoring out of our second and third lines.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007

I agree we have added cammalari I think havlet is an improvement. And hope a fee guys will have better seasons than last year. But when will Elias and hagr fade ? Will Bruner be any good ? Will Gomez be signed and effective ? Lots of questions but should be better up front than last year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad