Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Sergey Kalinin

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Meh... He's zubrus-lite who scored one nice goal and doesn't look out of place.

He'll be gone next year

I think he's pretty much good at everything.... other than finishing offense. Was one of the few players to get breakaways on the team, just never scored on them hardly ever. Aside from against the Rangers the last time we played them this past season.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I think he's pretty much good at everything.... other than finishing offense. Was one of the few players to get breakaways on the team, just never scored on them hardly ever. Aside from against the Rangers the last time we played them this past season.
I loveeeee that goal! Scored a beauty and then ran over hank!

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
He's much better than Josefson

Good signing, he's a good 3rd line C on any team in the league.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
yea not sure I'd go that far

and I like Kalinin

I think that what is forgotten is that Kalinin is still a young player. He essentially had a rookie season on a team that is starved offensively. The KHL is a pro league, but he is use to 50 game seasons against much worse opposition so him moving to 82 games was a massive jump.

He can easily bloom to a player that scores 10-15 more points a season by just finishing his scoring chances, and if he's a 30 pt player than he's an easy 3rd liner on any team in the league.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I think that what is forgotten is that Kalinin is still a young player. He essentially had a rookie season on a team that is starved offensively. The KHL is a pro league, but he is use to 50 game seasons against much worse opposition so him moving to 82 games was a massive jump.

He can easily bloom to a player that scores 10-15 more points a season by just finishing his scoring chances, and if he's a 30 pt player than he's an easy 3rd liner on any team in the league.

I think he's better suited to be a 4th line player. He can fill in on the 3rd line in spots, but on a good team he should be on the 4th. I really like him though, big fan of the player. He should be a consistent 10-10 guy who brings energy and toughness to our 4th line.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Glad he's back, he's a solid depth winger. He shouldn't need to get any top 6 minutes the way he did last year with the wing options we have now, so I think he'll be fine in a set role with the bottom 6.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Good signing, he's a good 3rd line C on any team in the league.
No he's not. Not right now he's not.
I'm with you there. If he scores 30 points, he's definitely a 3rd liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad