Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Patrik Elias

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
For what Alfie and Elias both cost, I just think they had better options at hand.
Just seemed odd to me that they'd make a splash like that. They're usually pretty low key on the FA market, no?

Often, but sometimes Detroit signs the best players available on the UFA market to reasonable prices just because they're Detroit and they can do it. Players want to go there because of their track record and the excellent hockey market.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Often, but sometimes Detroit signs the best players available on the UFA market to reasonable prices just because they're Detroit and they can do it. Players want to go there because of their track record and the excellent hockey market.

I don't know... I would have gone all in on Iginla or Jagr over Alfredsson, if we're going for established vets
That's also reliant on them wanting to go there, of course, but I'm not really looking too much into it.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I don't know... I would have gone all in on Iginla or Jagr over Alfredsson, if we're going for established vets
That's also reliant on them wanting to go there, of course, but I'm not really looking too much into it.

Iginla and Jagr aren't Swedes.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I was just struck by a sudden thought... why the **** did Sutter take Elias' captaincy?

We are so lucky that Elias doesn't hold that against the franchise.

I asked this in the ask a question thread a while back, and despite not getting any answers I came to the conclusion that there must have been more to it than we'll ever hear

Reason being because Lou let it go through and that goes in hand to help explain how Patty occasionally refers to appreciating having worn the C, but not really caring much about it because it essentially is just a letter and there will always be leaders on teams that don't have letters on their jerseys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad