Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Mattias Tedenby

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I really hope he doesn't make the lineup, which means we probably get a few good free agents this offseason. Every game matters this season. There should be no experimenting. The team needs to play like a playoff team every game or we are losing a top 15 pick next year.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
The Devils missed the playoffs because Kovalchuk and other injuries, not because of what Deboer was doing.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I'm afraid to read through this thread. Should I read through this thread? How many posts will I have to go before I read accusations that Lou isn't doing anything and all our free agents are gonna walk because Lou waited too long?

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I'm afraid to read through this thread. Should I read through this thread? How many posts will I have to go before I read accusations that Lou isn't doing anything and all our free agents are gonna walk because Lou waited too long?

75% of posts are about said topic

GDDevils*

I don't post much but I've been lurking here for years. I have to say that it really is confusing seeing so many people losing patience with Teds. Especially after the long and questionable support for Corrente on these same boards. I really should know better than to try to make sense of these boards but it really is baffling.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
75% of posts are about said topic

Then I guess I will skip it, thank you!

I like the contract. Prove to Teddy that he'll getting his shot with a 1-way contract. Give him one year so he knows it's his last chance. It also saves a tiny bit of cap space because his QO would have been higher. Very low risk, possible high reward.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
wait, we re-signed martin st.louis jr.?? and for such a low price? awesome!!

in all cereal, my goal this year is to not care/not count on teddy this year. every year i get my hopes up, and he turds out more often than not. do whatever the hell you want, teddy

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
wait, we re-signed martin st.louis jr.?? and for such a low price? awesome!!

in all cereal, my goal this year is to not care/not count on teddy this year. every year i get my hopes up, and he turds out more often than not. do whatever the hell you want, teddy

yum cereal. What kind?:laugh:

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
yum cereal. What kind?:laugh:

my new favorite, knocking off Honey Nut Cheerios;

20120810-chex-honey-nut.jpg

I'm sure Teddy Boo still likes his Boo Berry though

boo.jpg~original

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't post much but I've been lurking here for years. I have to say that it really is confusing seeing so many people losing patience with Teds. Especially after the long and questionable support for Corrente on these same boards. I really should know better than to try to make sense of these boards but it really is baffling.

Corrente didn't even play a third as many NHL games as Tedenby has.

Did anyone here really support Corrente? I don't think most people have really cared about him since 2010.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Corrente didn't even play a third as many NHL games as Tedenby has.

Did anyone here really support Corrente? I don't think most people have really cared about him since 2010.

Corrente was heavily supported because he was one of the only promising D prospects in the system. He was a great skater and a great physical presence, and had some offensive upside, and some of his earliest hits made him a fan-favorite right away. Jim in particular was pretty high on him. He essentially has a highlight reel of hits already and he's only played 34 NHL games.

GDDevils*

Corrente was heavily supported because he was one of the only promising D prospects in the system. He was a great skater and a great physical presence, and had some offensive upside, and some of his earliest hits made him a fan-favorite right away. Jim in particular was pretty high on him. He essentially has a highlight reel of hits already and he's only played 34 NHL games.

See this is my point with Teds. He has a lot of desirable traits for a forward prospect, just like Corrente at D. However people don't seem to want to be as patient with his development as they were with Corrente. Just confusing to me, that's all.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
See this is my point with Teds. He has a lot of desirable traits for a forward prospect, just like Corrente at D. However people don't seem to want to be as patient with his development as they were with Corrente. Just confusing to me, that's all.

I think the general consensus is that Corrente is absolutely done. Not even sure if he'll be brought back to play in the AHL.

GDDevils*

I think the general consensus is that Corrente is absolutely done. Not even sure if he'll be brought back to play in the AHL.

I was comparing past support for Corrente to the current lack of support for Ted's. Not current to current.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I never cared for Corrente after 09-10. Would have been awesome though to hear Deboer give the ''He can throw a game changing hit, or provide some toughness in these divisional games'' speech about him like he does for Volchenkov.:laugh:

GDDevils*

I was never a Corrente fan myself either was just trying to figure out the difference between the two.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
Perhaps I'm confusing issues, but wasn't Tedenby playing through an injury before he got demoted? It took him a few days to even be able to play in the AHL.

It happened within the first couple of games in the season. I think that had a lot to do with everything. By the time he started picking up his game in Albany, he went through that horrific injury to the face.

His hip was injured in game 1, was ineffective trying to play through it, sent down, then had his face sliced open (that's bone), came back to the Alb lineup for like two games, then out, then in, etc. New season, new start.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
His hip was injured in game 1, was ineffective trying to play through it, sent down, then had his face sliced open (that's bone), came back to the Alb lineup for like two games, then out, then in, etc. New season, new start.

It was weeks after getting sent down before he played again, wasn't it? How much do we wanna bet it was Clarkson who injured him with this trip? :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I never cared for Corrente after 09-10. Would have been awesome though to hear Deboer give the ''He can throw a game changing hit, or provide some toughness in these divisional games'' speech about him like he does for Volchenkov.:laugh:

Corrente offers a lot more than Volchenkov

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2