ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
13606879_10157138950325611_5812013657963037996_n.jpg

That's great. :laugh:

Hellraiser

Jun 12, 2015
New Jersey
I liken our franchise to the Spurs. A well run franchise in a small market that went from having David Robinson to Tim Duncan. Both who were great team players...hopefully Schneider can carry the torch soon enough.

We've already been spoiled at the position, but think about Wedgewood/Blackwood taking over after if they end up panning out. That would be a solid 3 decades of high quality goaltending at least

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We've already been spoiled at the position, but think about Wedgewood/Blackwood taking over after if they end up panning out. That would be a solid 3 decades of high quality goaltending at least

I think Wedgewood is getting very overrated here.

He had a good season last year in the AHL and managed to do a spot on Cory impersonation for 4 NHL games. But he was a bad goaltender his entire pro career before last season.

This year will tell if he's really turned the corner or if last year was a fluke.

Regardless of all that, we need better goaltending from the backup than what Kinkaid provided last year. Especially if the backup has to start more than 15 games.

Hellraiser

Jun 12, 2015
New Jersey
I think Wedgewood is getting very overrated here.

He had a good season last year in the AHL and managed to do a spot on Cory impersonation for 4 NHL games. But he was a bad goaltender his entire pro career before last season.

This year will tell if he's really turned the corner or if last year was a fluke.

Regardless of all that, we need better goaltending from the backup than what Kinkaid provided last year. Especially if the backup has to start more than 15 games.

He completely **** the bed in the AHL playoffs too which is why I mentioned Blackwood as well. We will see what happens with Wedge this season

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
I think the Devils 'right now' remind me of my beloved Green Bay Packers in a lot of ways. Small market .. titles .. do things the right way financially. Packers went from Favre to Rodgers and only missed the playoffs a few times over that time. Shero is a little more aggressive than Ted Thompson, but the philosophies seem similar. Thompson avoids spending big money in free agency on other teams players and prefers to pay his own players.

I wish we had the statewide domination that the Packers do. I used to live in Wisconsin - about 3.5 hours from Green Bay, and only half a mile from Illinois/Bears territory, and two houses on my block were painted Packers colors. :laugh:

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Super pumped!

And yeah, there are some stupid things being said by certain posters, but a majority of the main board seems to agree that this is a good contract.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Time for another joke.

Palmieri is making less than Clarkson!:laugh:

Clarkson might have been the flukiest 30 goal scorer in I don't know how many years. I swear at least 10 of those goals were off his foot or legs or hand or his ass or whatever other body part. Now I know all players score goals like that, just not with the frequency that Clarkson did. And they also continue to score year after year, unlike Clarkson was able to do. So comparing Palmieri to Clarkson is asinine.
He completely **** the bed in the AHL playoffs too which is why I mentioned Blackwood as well. We will see what happens with Wedge this season

His play in the AHL playoffs was only alarming to me because it seemed like it might have been his play regressing back closer to the mean of what he was before last season. He was very good in his 5 game run with us and he should probably get a raise or a trophy for managing to be the only goaltender on our team to allow just a single goal in any game vs the POS Blue Jackets last season. But I think back to 03-04 Scott Clemmensen, who had a very similar run of 4 games that were comparable to Wedgewood's 5 this past year. Even though they weren't 4 consecutive games. And we saw that until about 4 or 5 years later, Clemmensen was never good again at the NHL level and only was a career backup.

Hellraiser

Jun 12, 2015
New Jersey
Time for another joke.

Palmieri is making less than Clarkson!:laugh:

Clarkson might have been the flukiest 30 goal scorer in I don't know how many years. I swear at least 10 of those goals were off his foot or legs or hand or his ass or whatever other body part. Now I know all players score goals like that, just not with the frequency that Clarkson did. And they also continue to score year after year, unlike Clarkson was able to do. So comparing Palmieri to Clarkson is asinine.

His play in the AHL playoffs was only alarming to me because it seemed like it might have been his play regressing back closer to the mean of what he was before last season. He was very good in his 5 game run with us and he should probably get a raise or a trophy for managing to be the only goaltender on our team to allow just a single goal in any game vs the POS Blue Jackets last season. But I think back to 03-04 Scott Clemmensen, who had a very similar run of 4 games that were comparable to Wedgewood's 5 this past year. Even though they weren't 4 consecutive games. And we saw that until about 4 or 5 years later, Clemmensen was never good again at the NHL level and only was a career backup.

Until the Panthers thought Clemmer was a number 1 goalie :sarcasm:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm seriously ready to say that "Make The Devils Great Again" should be the theme of the season. :laugh:

I'd post our dancing gif, but it is so out of date it wouldn't fit. Someone really needs to update that thing with the new faces.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Until the Panthers thought Clemmer was a number 1 goalie :sarcasm:
Ah yes, the amazing Kevin Dineen. Don't even get me started on that imbecile. Knew nothing about how to be an NHL head coach, outside of pacing around the bench with a mean tough guy look on his face, *****ing at the Devils zamboni driver after morning skates and changing goalies more than his underwear. My friend and I always said that Scott Clemmensen had the potential to be one of the best goaltenders to ever play the game, you know why? Because he managed to give up brutally soft goals at an alarmingly high rate, that was WAY above most any goaltender in the league. Yet he actually wound up posting near league average save percentages between 08-09 and 11-12. It was beyond incomprehensible. We always said ''How does he manage a save percentage above 91% when damn near 50% of the goals he allows are brutal? If only like 25% of the goals he allowed were bad, the dude would be breaking save percentage records annually''.
I'm seriously ready to say that "Make The Devils Great Again" should be the theme of the season. :laugh:

I'd post our dancing gif, but it is so out of date it wouldn't fit. Someone really needs to update that thing with the new faces.

I think I'd like to see that used as the Devils official slogan of the season. Do you think Donald Trump will sue if we try to use it though?:sarcasm:

Maybe we can also call up his relative Nick and ask him if he'd like to come back to the NHL again and rejoin the Devils? Haven't had a nice Nick Palmieri joke in a while!

MullerBrotenVerbeek

Aug 2, 2013

I'm not ready to give up on Kinky yet either. He looked pretty damn good his first season backing Cory up. Granted he was shaky last year, but he can still improve.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I'm not ready to give up on Kinky yet either. He looked pretty damn good his first season backing Cory up. Granted he was shaky last year, but he can still improve.

I think with the guys behind him, the number of chances he's going to get are limited. I do hope he can improve, but giving up one or two softies a game is unforgivable

TheRobotDevil13

Jun 3, 2016
Hell

Get me the dancing gif and the players you want on it. I can knock that out i have time today

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
We should add Hynes in there as well.

I think Hynes should take Zajac's place and Zajac should go where Larrson is.

Right now Hall should replace Elias.

And we need to find someone to replace Gio.

I never even realized Stemp was in there maybe DSP/Bennett/Zacha/Lovejoy/Severson should replace him?

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think Hynes should take Zajac's place and Zajac should go where Larrson is.

Right now Hall should replace Elias.

And we need to find someone to replace Gio.

I never even realized Stemp was in there maybe DSP/Bennett/Zacha/Lovejoy/Severson should replace him?

Makes sense but there is something so satisfying about Zajac in that spot to me. it just works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad