Devils re-sign Henrique to multi-year contract (6yrs $24M)

GhostofKenKlee

All Hail the Half Portuguese and Half Polish hockey kings Henrique and Tavares.

GhostofKenKlee

I wonder how popular if at all is Henrique in the Ironbound or in the Portuguese community?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah Adam's a wee behind Cristiano Ronaldo on their well-known athletes list :)

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

I wonder how popular if at all is Henrique in the Ironbound or in the Portuguese community?

Man I had zero idea Henrique is half Portuguese. And I imagine those in the ironbound have less of an idea then that.

This should be something the team makes note of. Let it be known to the portuguese community in Newark. Dude's going to be hear for the next 6 years at least, this could pay dividends.

Big PP

Jan 19, 2014
I can't imagine how awful the team would look in 4 years with Kovy and Parise's contracts on the books.

It wouldve looked damn good because we probably wouldnt have signed Clowe, Jagr nor traded for Ruutu which equates to 10m+ saved in cap space right there. Parise + Kovy wouldve only taken up a little over 14m in cap space per year.

Parise-Henrique-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Zubrus

Look a lot better then what we have now.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It wouldve looked damn good because we probably wouldnt have signed Clowe, Jagr nor traded for Ruutu which equates to 10m+ saved in cap space right there. Parise + Kovy wouldve only taken up a little over 14m in cap space per year.

Parise-Henrique-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Zubrus

Zubrus in the top 6? Ugh.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA

Parise-Henrique-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Zubrus

Jagr is on a one year deal (no long term obligations, unlike Parise and Kovalchuk), and at this point is probably a better contributor than both Parise and Kovalchuk.

What happened with Parise and Kovalchuk will probably look like a blessing in the end for us.

Mory Schneideur*

Slightly OT,

But if guys like Tavares, Henrique and Zajac played for team Poland, they would be able to ice a decent team. I'm not sure of any polish Dmen or guys with roots or a goalie for that matter...

Do you guys think Henrique should have had a crack at the Canada roster or will be on it next Olympics?

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Jagr is on a one year deal (no long term obligations, unlike Parise and Kovalchuk), and at this point is probably a better contributor than both Parise and Kovalchuk.

What happened with Parise and Kovalchuk will probably look like a blessing in the end for us.

Yeah, Kovalchuk already feels remarkably ok.

And watching Parise's knees give out in 3 or 4 years should make that one feel ok, too.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Slightly OT,

But if guys like Tavares, Henrique and Zajac played for team Poland, they would be able to ice a decent team. I'm not sure of any polish Dmen or guys with roots or a goalie for that matter...

Do you guys think Henrique should have had a crack at the Canada roster or will be on it next Olympics?

0% chance.

GhostofKenKlee

Slightly OT,

Interesting, Italians pull the rosters alot out from the Diaspora for Baseball and Ice hockey.

Get those guys and Stolarz as your goalie. James Wisnewski and whomever else.

Still waiting for the Pope to pull a team Vatican ala Israel does.

Mory Schneideur*

Interesting, Italians pull the rosters alot out from the Diaspora for Baseball and Ice hockey.

Get those guys and Stolarz as your goalie. James Wisnewski and whomever else.

Still waiting for the Pope to pull a team Vatican ala Israel does.

Even though those guys are half polish, as long as the parents have citizenship, they can claim Polish citizenship as well from what I understand. I think that Henrique has a realistic chance at team Canada, but a team Poland roster with these studs would be interesting to watch.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Parise-Henrique-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Zubrus

Odds are Elias and Zubrus arent here in 4 years.

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
Man I had zero idea Henrique is half Portuguese. And I imagine those in the ironbound have less of an idea then that.

This should be something the team makes note of. Let it be known to the portuguese community in Newark. Dude's going to be hear for the next 6 years at least, this could pay dividends.

Im not sure that he is Portugese, but I think his name is, because there was a orgin of names thread so I'm not sure

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I think the three Portuguese players in the league are Tavares, Henrique, and Ribeiro.

They should put up a banner or poster of Henrique with his musketeer/marauder mustache with a phrase in Portuguese in the Ironbound.

If the Atlanta Thrashers can have Armenian Heritage Night, the Devils can pimp the Portuguese background of Henrique lol

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
Im not sure that he is Portugese, but I think his name is, because there was a orgin of names thread so I'm not sure

"Henrique was born in Brantford to Joe and Teresa Henrique, as the second oldest of four brothers. His father is Portuguese and his mother is Polish. His grandparents speak Portuguese. His dad speaks a little Portuguese and his mom speaks Polish. Joe farms 50 acres of tobacco and ginseng in Burford, ON, about 90 minutes southwest of Toronto."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Henrique

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad