3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The screens tonight were on point. Consistently taking away the goalie's eyes and shooting for the corners is something this team hasn't done in a long time. Just getting traffic in front and getting shots through from the point at all really. It's good to see them do it here, Tony D definitely has a knack for it.
Yep the screens are legit. Tony's shot is a pop gun, but he's accurate and can navigate the traffic. He just throws up those frisbees and they end up in the back of the net. It's beautiful.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
For the record, I did not complain about Staal once tonight. Actually, that's a record.

I almost have tears of joy from thinking about this team in a couple of years. We're going to be loaded on defense. Hopefully we can add a few more forward pieces.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
For the record, I did not complain about Staal once tonight. Actually, that's a record.

I almost have tears of joy from thinking about this team in a couple of years. We're going to be loaded on defense. Hopefully we can add a few more forward pieces.

How are we going to be loaded on defense in a few years?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
That was a sloppily played game by both teams. The main difference is we're a better offensive team and much better finishing. If we're going to beat St. Louis on Saturday we're going to need to tighten up a lot.

Tony D with just an outstanding game. Panarin hits 60 points. Strome hits 40. Kreider gets his 300th career point. Zib throws in a couple helpers and Buch gets a helper too but he's snakebit as all get out.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I want proof of a third devils goal. Real proof
The only one I saw that was convincing was the shot from the camera in back of the net and you could see the edge of the puck under Igor's pad, a good three or four inches behind the line. I have no idea however why the whistle hadn't blown at that point with a scramble at the net and the net three feet off the mooring.

Reactions: egelband

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Said it during game thread and it deserves repeating. The Stepan/Raanta deal for the 7th overall and Tony D by Gorton just might go down as one of the best trades the Rangers have made in past 20 years while at same time the pick of Lias might go down as one of the top 5 worst draft picks we've made in the past 20 years. That my friends is damn hard to do...heh!

Talk about bizzaro world. Only we could pull something like this off. I mean you can't make up shit like this in your wildest imagination...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad