GDT: Devils @ Rags - Give me something for the pain and let me die edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
They have one of the best PKs in the NHL and Luke played 33 minutes last night.
They were also without 2 of their top pk dmen

And they still were the more dangerous team for 6 minutes of NJ being up a guy.

We didn’t play well but it still took absurd bad luck to blow that game. Luke’s broken stick and Kakko snipe out of nowhere, the BS call on Smith, the very fortunate bounce on the deflection.

You need to be both bad and unlucky to get so few games to OT. It’s been sickening to watch this year.
Bad luck? Fack, we got our asses kick.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Miller was one of the only Rags players I actually had any respect for. I gave him the benefit of the doubt with his comments about it yesterday, but then posting that. Absolute clown shit.

Now I guess my list is down to just Ryan Lindgren.

It warms my heart that even though we all know the Devils are awful this year and the Rags are good, that the Devils are so in Rags fans heads that they read our board and interact with our posts ♥️

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
He was shit all year, well before he broke his foot.

He was trending down last year as well.
Everyone was shit all year. Lindy Ruff had Timo Meier looking like Nick Palmieri, even before the injury.

I would understand moving on from Siegenthaler but i also think that’s likely the next Sharangovich/Toffoli situation. Good players don’t forget how to play. Gotta look at the big picture.

Reactions: My3Sons

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Everyone was shit all year. Lindy Ruff had Timo Meier looking like Nick Palmieri, even before the injury.

I would understand moving on from Siegenthaler but i also think that’s likely the next Sharangovich/Toffoli situation. Good players don’t forget how to play. Gotta look at the big picture.

Timo looked like Nick Palmieri on his own. He was awful to start the season - apparently this is not unusual with him - then he had some good games, then he got hurt.

Sharangovich didn't get better. The Devils moved on because they wanted a different player, not because they thought Sharangovich forgot how to play.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Timo looked like Nick Palmieri on his own. He was awful to start the season - apparently this is not unusual with him - then he had some good games, then he got hurt.

Sharangovich didn't get better. The Devils moved on because they wanted a different player, not because they thought Sharangovich forgot how to play.
I don’t think he got better. I think swapping him with Toffoli was the wrong choice and i think swapping Siegs for a different kind of player (who will almost certainly be like… Ilya Lyubushkin) would be a mistake.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Pretty cool that Rags fans coming in here to laugh emote posts lol

Yeah man, a broken stick leading to a game changing snipe by a bum wasn’t luck.

How many times have we outplayed teams and lost? That happens, you know

Yeah, I said the same shit yesterday. Devils probably deserved a game like that one v NYR after all the games they lost via caving in teams but no dice this year

Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I think it would be wise to move on from Siegenthaler. You can't pay him that much money to be on the bottom pairing, and you can't trust him to be a top-4 defender without a babysitter.

He still has a reputation for being big and tough. I'd rather move on from him now than try to move on one year too late.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I think it would be wise to move on from Siegenthaler. You can't pay him that much money to be on the bottom pairing, and you can't trust him to be a top-4 defender without a babysitter.

He still has a reputation for being big and tough. I'd rather move on from him now than try to move on one year too late.

He's still reasonably young and his contract will move unless the bottom totally falls out. The thing he was best at, zone entry denials, just weren't a thing under Ruff's system really at all this year - the team conceded the blue line deliberately - so I'd like to see him get another chance in a different system.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Proof? No pics or vids, then it didn't happen.
IMG_20240405_143303.jpg

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

I would understand moving on from Siegenthaler but i also think that’s likely the next Sharangovich/Toffoli situation. Good players don’t forget how to play. Gotta look at the big pic
Napalm sighting. Still tearing it up in some European league?

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Napalm sighting. Still tearing it up in some European league?

Looks like his last season was 2016-2017.

Sadly, he didn’t even tear up Euro leagues.
My first thought was he's gotta be about 35, so maybe he's not even playing anymore by now?

I was surprised that it's been THAT long since he last played. In 19-20 he was listed as the head coach for the Syracuse Stars. Looks like some kind of league with high school aged kids.

And 20-21 he was listed as assistant coach of the Utica JUNIOR Comets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad