Prospect Info: Devils Prospect Scrimmage will be Open to the Public (July 18th)

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
Yea your right. He seemed like he was rarely in the defensive zone and always looking for the pass between the blue line and the center ice. He was dangling hardcore.

Yeah, was always last out of the offensive zone too, out little effort into his back check

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Glad to hear so many positive things today. Extremely excited about Kuja and Kerfoot too. Sounds like we have a few guys who can push this year especially Coleman. Looking forward to camp now to see who makes it.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Anyone else see Johnny Gaudreau there? He was nice enough to sign my program and take a picture with me. Quiet guy, but it was nice of him to do that. He so small. I'm only 5'10" 165lbs and I was noticeably bigger. Which makes his accomplishments even more impressive.

I'd post the pic but I don't know how too. :(

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Still wish we had a dynamic offensive force. At least the pace was high from what I could see.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Year in Albany at minimum.

That's okay. Zacha, Kujawinski, Quenneville, Wood, Coleman...we might have a few nice pieces to build with and add real scoring talent too. Zacha aside, at least we might be able to put most of the support players in place.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I'll say this.. The fact that people are even talking about Kelleher, an undrafted invitee who was the smallest dude at camp, shows how much skill he has and that he clearly stood out..

I thought he looked good, considering his size.. But yeah, too small for the NHL. Though he should really be proud of how well he played

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Devils posted some more interviews for anyone who wants to have a listen.

Santini interview in which he discusses some differences with the development camp this year compared to previous ones:

[NHL]832471&catid=745[/NHL]

Colton White and Blake Speers interview where they talk about knowing each other before camp:

[NHL]832473&catid=745[/NHL]

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
You watch those highlights and you can see the potential in Zacha. It was much harder to get a feel for his game with that crappy periscope stream.

Also, I can't wait for Santini.

I agree with you on the Zacha comment.

I can also understand why you would be excited about Santini also.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Was a nice hit by Santini. Again makes me excited for when he is trucking people with the big club.

I also want to see Zacha and Severson hook up like that for years please.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Surprised more people aren't talking about goulet. I thought he was the best forward from either team.

Nice hands from kerfoot on multiple occasions.

I thought Chatham had some surprisingly good moves with the puck.

Zacha started a bit slow but was great by the end of the game.

Coleman and pietila were good, but they should be given their age. They were both very strong.

I thought jq was largely invisible save for a couple nice dangles that didn't amount to much.

Fitzgerald is a good passer. He's probably too poor a skater for his size though.

Speers needs to improve his skating. Wasn't too impressed with him but he's got a lot of time.

Kelleher made stuff happen. He did get knocked down a bunch but if he adds some weight I think he'll he a good ahl player

Not sure I've seen a player as small as gaudreau. Too bad because he has decent hockey sense.

Gavrus has good offensive skills but an awful shot.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Thanks everyone for the updates and player evaluations. Sounds like it was fun.

Looking forward to the future of the big change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad