GDT: Devils @ Panthers - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I’ve made several points but they seemed to fly right over your head or you’re completely ignoring the obvious, which makes it extremely difficult to have a level headed conversation with someone who’s very narrow minded.

Jack Hughes hasn’t proven anything yet despite having 2 good games to start the year against two very weak teams, so saying we’re missing our franchise center as if we’re missing Connor McDavid or Nathan MacKinnon, is definitely reaching.

Trading one of our very good diminutive wingers for an even better all around power forward isn’t a dumb move at all. The fact that he’s 28 doesn’t change a single thing for me because this entire thing about everyone being 26 or younger is a joke. We just added Hamilton who’s 28 and everyone was creaming their pants the second it was announced. I’m pretty sure that Fitz is no idiot and would have a chat with Miller or Tkatchuk’s agent before shipping several assets the other way. If resigning someone like Miller who’s 28, to a long term deal would be such a bad idea, explain to me why you’re so enthused about resigning Damon Severson, who’ll be just as old and is redundant when looking at who we have now and who we’ll have in a year or two or three?

The fact that you can’t even acknowledge that the best lines in the game are all built with a power forward, a sniper and a playmaker is very telling. We have 2/3 of that equation with Hughes and Holtz but we’re missing that final piece, which isn’t Bratt/Tatar/Johnsson/Zacha or whoever else we have on our roster or in our pipeline.

Anyways, I’m done talking about this because whatever point will be made about this topic will be brushed aside in a form of a joke or you’ll just ignore the valid points being thrown your way.
I’m not going to explain the difference between signing a 28 year old that is one of the best players in the league and trading a 23 year old for a 28 year old that is a year away from UFA.

All the best lines aren’t built that way. That’s another thing you’ve made up. There are variety of ways to have success in this league.

Reactions: glenwo2

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Dougie Hamilton is big but not very physical. He’s an elite transition and offensive defenseman. You’re actually trying to say “Heh, yeah I was right.” because we got one of the best players in the NHL? Siegenthaler and Graves don’t play at all alike. Who didn’t want to improve the blueline?

Our forwards don’t all look or play alike. No other wing can do what Bratt can do. We need finishers, high volume shooters. What we don’t need are big guys that suck in transition.
Do big guys that can skate and are good in transition not exist? Because last time I checked all the contending teams seem to have at least a few of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad