GDT: Devils @ Oilers - 9:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Damn. Popped his knee/ligaments on tha leg split reach?

I think we need to start planning for a proper backup. If Berns is back and ready we should be try it. He was good before he got injured.....
I think he was fine when he stretched out to make the save. The injury happened when he lost his edge trying to arrest his slide out of the net.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Not enough attention has been paid to this post. Spooky things were afoot in this GDT.

As much as Graves goofed up last game. Those goofs didnt actually result in a direct goal.. And he made a quirky move and got a back breaking tying goal.

I thought bratts fubar pass in offensive zone was more egregious (not taking shot). It directly lead to a goal against. Bratt being Bratt made ammends for us in glorious fashion.

I am on the fence with graves. I think he hasnt looked good this season....but i think this board is too hard on him.

If you stretch it out over a seson maybe we will regret it... But i think we need not to tweak too much right now.

I mean.. We are 8-3-0....! Dont change a damn thing right now (meaning big roster moves)

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Damn. Popped his knee/ligaments on tha leg split reach?

I think we need to start planning for a proper backup. If Berns is back and ready we should be try it. He was good before he got injured.....

Hopefully not a long-term injury for Blackwood. I know some posters are dancing on his grave, but he was having a good game last night prior to the injury - can't really blame him for giving up goals on a 2-on-1 to McDavid and a deflection.

I know Bernier is traveling with the team, but you figure they'd prefer for him to get at least one rehab start with Utica before being activated. Not sure what the rules are - if he could still come off IR to serve as backup tomorrow night AND get a rehab game in for Utica next weekend. Given this, I'm expecting one of Daws/Schmid to be called up to backup Vanecek tomorrow night.

Really no need to rush things with Bernier as there are no back-to-backs over the next 8 games so you can just ride Vanecek for the foreseeable future.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Haula and Tatar need to start doing SOMETHING offensively, and we also need to get Yegor involved in the Powerplay

He’ll be reevaluated once they find out where his groin is after it exploded out of his body, Day to Day
I think recently Tatar has looked much better despite not capitalizing and scoring goals. 1 -4 -5 isn’t bad but if he’s going to continue to play on the top line then he’s gotta put home some of these passes. Problem with people wanting Holtz in the top 6 is that then you are expecting him to play huge minutes and on a line that’s going to see some top defensive minutes and vice versa… he’s not ready for that, so who replaces Tatar with Palat out?

I legit laughed out loud to the exploding groin comment.

Reactions: My3Sons

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
James Reimer, YOU are a New Jersey Devil.
Maybe. My concern about Reimer is that he's always struck me as one of those guys who needs to see a lot of action to stay on top of his game and this team doesn't seem to allow many shots so far. I'll admit I don't have the numbers to back up my impression of Reimer though, so I could definitely be wrong.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
As much as Graves goofed up last game. Those goofs didnt actually result in a direct goal.. And he made a quirky move and got a back breaking tying goal.

I thought bratts fubar pass in offensive zone was more egregious (not taking shot). It directly lead to a goal against. Bratt being Bratt made ammends for us in glorious fashion.

I am on the fence with graves. I think he hasnt looked good this seasom....but i think this board is too hard on him.

If you stretch it out over a seson maybe we will regret it... But i think we need not to tweak too much right now.

I mean.. We are 8-3-0....! Dont change a damn thing right now (meaning big roster moves)
The puck did bounce on him so I get it, but that 2nd goal was directly off a Graves' turnover. But outside of that he had plenty of breakdowns that could've easily ended up in the back of our net, mostly from just holding onto the puck for too long.

I do agree, they're winning right now just keep things as is.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Uhhh, go watch their second goal again.

Failed board clear but not eggreegiously bad. Slightly soft try i guess. (IMO)

Those happen in course of game for some and not always end up in back of net. It wasnt as bad as both of some more bad decisions we see elsewhere.

I thought he held too long to puck and got pickpocketed was worse. But it didnt lead to a goal thank god.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland

I am on the fence with graves. I think he hasnt looked good this season....but i think this board is too hard on him.

If everything works, don't change a thing. I've seen quite a few teams messing up that single principle when the TDL comes.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
If everything works, don't change a thing. I've seen quite a few teams messing up that single principle when the TDL comes.

Thats part of my main point. Graves is not looking stellar but we are still winning right now.

Every defensman through the course of the season makes some dumb ass clearing attempts (or weak clears). Forwards too for sure. Its part of the dynamic part of this game because of the pressures, forecheck etc.

I dont think its worth dragging Graves out of this team right now. We only saw 1 years worth of his game and it isnt THAT BAD (and some is intriguing) that i wouldnt want to see team chemistry disrupted by brining in another unknown this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad