Speculation: Devils need a defenceman ASAP as Siegenthaler breaks foot

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Yes trading Toffoli and regroup over summer....Growth year imo....
For what though? I doubt a team is going to be willing to trade a NHL ready prospect for him and right now late 1st round picks aren't that appetizing as those prospects won't be ready for years.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
For what though? I doubt a team is going to be willing to trade a NHL ready prospect for him and right now late 1st round picks aren't that appetizing as those prospects won't be ready for years.
For a late first would replace second going to SJ in Meier deal and it's an asset ....They can always be used to make a trade at draft or following year or two if prospect is progressing....Or down line to replace someone you can't afford to resign.....

Reactions: TBF1972 and Xirik

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
For a late first would replace second going to SJ in Meier deal and it's an asset ....They can always be used to make a trade at draft or following year or two if prospect is progressing....Or down line to replace someone you can't afford to resign.....
yeah, Assets are always useful but man does it feel like such a bitter pill right now.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Kovacevic for a 3rd. I think he could help Devils on the right side.
rhd: nemec, marino, miller, foote
lhd: l.hughes, bahl

were playing against columbus

the devils are mostly lacking a defensively strong physical lhd who can play the hard minutes. if you have slavin type for trade the devils are interested.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Ghule for Holtz would be more fair.
Holtz + 3rd for 2nd is more fair than that!

Guhle is not available especially for a guy your coach won't even play when the game is on the line.

Yes trading Toffoli and regroup over summer....Growth year imo....
No one's taking Toffoli off your hands. I didn't think it was possible but he's slower than normal. Its like he is skating in reverse. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Inno

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Not surprising you would ask that given how you overrate your ordinary young players! lol

giphy.gif

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020

Guhle is not available especially for a guy your coach won't even play when the game is on the line.

No one's taking Toffoli off your hands. I didn't think it was possible but he's slower than normal. Its like he is skating in reverse. lol
He will get going and if we are out of it he will return something from a team looking to add depth scoring and power play help.....Speed is not his game hasn't been yet he scores 50 plus consistently......

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

You just lost thr NJ audience. You are rating Holtz based on the coach who most of thr fanbase here things is a senile old out of touch moron. Holtz is producing offense with limited ice time and he’s continuing to improve. Just admit you don’t know anything about thr player and move on. It’s a much better option than making yourself look foolish trying to dunk on thr NJ fans.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020

As far as Guhle he's not getting traded Montreal can't be that stupid.....As for Holtz he is progressing nicely and if I'm Fitz he's off table....Daws will solidify the net and fits their cores youth timeline.....

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You just lost thr NJ audience. You are rating Holtz based on the coach who most of thr fanbase here things is a senile old out of touch moron. Holtz is producing offense with limited ice time and he’s continuing to improve. Just admit you don’t know anything about thr player and move on. It’s a much better option than making yourself look foolish trying to dunk on thr NJ fans.
The coach knows much better than the fanbase. WIthout question there are serious warts on Holtz that Lindy Ruff wants out of his game.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The coach knows much better than the fanbase. WIthout question there are serious warts on Holtz that Lindy Ruff wants out of his game.

Ruff is a 4-3 coach playing with 3-4 personnel and he runs zone coverage without any QB pressure. I’m sure there is a team out there can benefit from his coaching but it isn’t this NJ team. Using his opinion to denigrate Holtz just won’t resonate. Lots of young players come along at different rates. The NJ fan base thought thr issue was his skating then he spent thr offseason with the same skating coach employed by Jesper Bratt and he improved tremendously. NHL edge stats show his skating is fine now. He needs work on reading plays defensively that doesn’t make him soft. He scores from dirty areas and plays along the boards. He’s just young and not intuitive. I’m not suggesting he’s Gretzky but again relying on your perception of what you think is Ruff’s opinion. Is just not a look NJ fans will respond to. Again it’s obvious you don’t watch thr player and don’t care to learn about the player. That’s ok you are a MTL fan and why should you care about NJ players. It’s just not a great look to hate on a young player if your source is heavily criticized by that team’s fan. But hey you do you.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Ruff is a 4-3 coach playing with 3-4 personnel and he runs zone coverage without any QB pressure. I’m sure there is a team out there can benefit from his coaching but it isn’t this NJ team. Using his opinion to denigrate Holtz just won’t resonate. Lots of young players come along at different rates. The NJ fan base thought thr issue was his skating then he spent thr offseason with the same skating coach employed by Jesper Bratt and he improved tremendously. NHL edge stats show his skating is fine now. He needs work on reading plays defensively that doesn’t make him soft. He scores from dirty areas and plays along the boards. He’s just young and not intuitive. I’m not suggesting he’s Gretzky but again relying on your perception of what you think is Ruff’s opinion. Is just not a look NJ fans will respond to. Again it’s obvious you don’t watch thr player and don’t care to learn about the player. That’s ok you are a MTL fan and why should you care about NJ players. It’s just not a great look to hate on a young player if your source is heavily criticized by that team’s fan. But hey you do you.
No one's hating on Holtz. He's got serious issues as Lindy Ruff has raised awareness to with his usage. I don't profess to know more than the NJD coach. I just know that he knows more about the team and its players than your collective fan base.

Obviously.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Not getting into a pissing contest with posters here but I don’t think holtz for Guhle makes sense for us, Guhle is kind of being viewed internally as a future leader. We do have plenty of young defenseman where we could make a deal but I just don’t think the org would trade Guhle to solve the forward issue

Reactions: ole ole

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Not true at all. Ruff has proven to be an idiot. Once you're in Ruffs doghouse it doesn't matter what you do, it's impossible to get out. The running theme with Ruff is he has his favorites who he let's do whatever they want & are allowed to make unlimited mistakes. Then he will hold other players to impossible standards. We lost Sharangovich because of this. He was playing players like Miles Wood over him who went on a 4 month stretch of doing nothing except for taking a million penalties but Sharangovich wouldn't be played. Now look at him. Sharangovich is thriving on as a top player on another team. An example of Lindy Ruffs doghouse. Holtz is averaging 24 goals and .52ppg as a rookie playing 10 minutes a night at most, stuck with AHL players on the 4th line. He doesn't even get good PP minutes and last night was taken off the PP completely. That's an insane stat. When have you ever had a player produce like that in such a horrible scenario? It's almost unheard of. Clearly Holtz has the talent. There's 0 reason he doesn't get top PP time and it's sickening he can't even get put on the 3rd line. I hate to say it but Luke Hughes had made some terrible mistakes lately which is okay because he's a rookie but will he ever get punished for it? Nope because his last name is Hughes. This isn't a knock on Hughes but it just shows how some player's are allowed to make mistakes and some aren't. Holtz can sneeze in the wrong direction & get instantly benched. You have Toffoli being gifted top PP minutes & forced on the top line yet not being able to hit the net. Is Toffoli getting punished despite playing like absolute trash? Nope not at all. Holtz should at the very least be in Toffoli's spot on the PP because Holtz is just superior. Lindy will never let that happen. You would think Toffoli would be held to a higher standard vs Holtz being that one's a Vet and one's a Rookie but nope.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
holtz has more evs goals and points in less games and toi than caufield. wonder what you think about him?
What i think is irrelevant. What Lindy Ruff thinks is both relevant and eye opening. He doesn't trust him at all when the game is on the line.

Not true at all. Ruff has proven to be an idiot. Once you're in Ruffs doghouse it doesn't matter what you do, it's impossible to get out. The running theme with Ruff is he has his favorites who he let's do whatever they want & are allowed to make unlimited mistakes. Then he will hold other players to impossible standards. We lost Sharangovich because of this. He was playing players like Miles Wood over him who went on a 4 month stretch of doing nothing except for taking a million penalties but Sharangovich wouldn't be played. Now look at him. Sharangovich is thriving on as a top player on another team. An example of Lindy Ruffs doghouse. Holtz is averaging 24 goals and .52ppg as a rookie playing 10 minutes a night at most, stuck with AHL players on the 4th line. He doesn't even get good PP minutes and last night was taken off the PP completely. That's an insane stat. When have you ever had a player produce like that in such a horrible scenario? It's almost unheard of. Clearly Holtz has the talent. There's 0 reason he doesn't get top PP time and it's sickening he can't even get put on the 3rd line. I hate to say it but Luke Hughes had made some terrible mistakes lately which is okay because he's a rookie but will he ever get punished for it? Nope because his last name is Hughes. This isn't a knock on Hughes but it just shows how some player's are allowed to make mistakes and some aren't. Holtz can sneeze in the wrong direction & get instantly benched. You have Toffoli being gifted top PP minutes & forced on the top line yet not being able to hit the net. Is Toffoli getting punished despite playing like absolute trash? Nope not at all. Holtz should at the very least be in Toffoli's spot on the PP because Holtz is just superior. Lindy will never let that happen. You would think Toffoli would be held to a higher standard vs Holtz being that one's a Vet and one's a Rookie but nope.
Devils fans are so adorable thinking they know more than Lindy Ruff! LOL

Reactions: dirtydanglez

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
What i think is irrelevant. What Lindy Ruff thinks is both relevant and eye opening. He doesn't trust him at all when the game is on the line.

Devils fans are so adorable thinking they know more than Lindy Ruff! LOL
Lindy is a bit more suspect this year more than others. Holtz has dine has been asked, put in the work. There's a lot of freelancing out there he's not the only one, but the only one getting called out fir it. Plenty to go around.

Reactions: McDuffz88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad