Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Montreal - 27th January - 18:00 - Muster your forces, General!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
we'll definitely have a better understanding of what kind of team we got on our hands.

It's just amazing how well it seems the management/coaching staff addressed our needs so far as well as employing some first rate systems that work with our strengths.

All this without pk and eller is even more impressive.

agreed!

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Yeah likely will be mini Gally sitting, or White maybe.

Or Pacioretty if he's sick.

Can't wait to see how Eller responds!

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
I'll be at the game! Hoping for a severe beating of the Devils!
9-1 Habs (Brodeur pulled after 5)
Prust
Markov
Eller
Galchenyuk x2
Cole x2
DD
Moen

Larsson

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
Maybe I'm alone in this, but. Should Pac be out. I wouldn't half mind seeing Eller on the wing with Cole and DD. Not saying he should always be on the wings, but, I would like to see what he can do with actual skilled players alongside him. With him being a healthy scratch, he may have enough of a fire under him that just maybe be able to ignite DD and/or Cole. This also allows are 3rd line to stay together :D

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Maybe I'm alone in this, but. Should Pac be out. I wouldn't half mind seeing Eller on the wing with Cole and DD. Not saying he should always be on the wings, but, I would like to see what he can do with actual skilled players alongside him. With him being a healthy scratch, he may have enough of a fire under him that just maybe be able to ignite DD and/or Cole. This also allows are 3rd line to stay together :D

Well it seems your wishes have become reality

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/355357.html

La présence d'Eller est assurée que Max Pacioretty soit dans l'alignement ou non, a indiqué Michel Therrien après l'entraînement de samedi au Complexe sportif Bell, à Brossard. Le cas de Pacioretty, qui a raté la séance en raison de symptômes de la grippe, sera réévalué dans la journée de dimanche, a fait savoir l'entraîneur du Tricolore.

Retranché de la formation lors des deux derniers affrontements du CH après avoir affronté les Maple Leafs de Toronto lors du match inaugural, Eller a pris la place de Pacioretty au sein du trio complété par David Desharnais et Erik Cole, samedi, tant lors des exercices réguliers que ceux impliquant le jeu de puissance.

The presence of Eller is now assured whether Max Pacioretty is in the lineup or not, Michel Therrien said after practice Saturday at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard. The case of Pacioretty, who missed the session due to flu symptoms, will be reassessed during the day on Sunday, reported Habs coach

Cut during the last two clashes CH after facing the Toronto Maple Leafs in the opening game, Eller took the place of Pacioretty in the trio completed by David Desharnais and Erik Cole on Saturday, both in regular exercise involving the power play.

Last edited:

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com

The presence of Eller is now assured whether Max Pacioretty is in the lineup or not, Michel Therrien said after practice Saturday at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard. The case of Pacioretty, who missed the session due to flu symptoms, will be reassessed during the day on Sunday, reported Habs coach

Cut during the last two clashes CH after facing the Toronto Maple Leafs in the opening game, Eller took the place of Pacioretty in the trio completed by David Desharnais and Erik Cole on Saturday, both in regular exercise involving the power play.

Let's hope Eller can give a spark to that line since they haven't been all that good thus far

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I didn't know where to post this so here's as good as anywhere I guess. :) Great read about Prust..

Brandon Prust Fan Club keeps on growing
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Cowan+Have+joined+Brandon+Prust+Club/7874239/story.html

And for Canadiens fans who are just getting to know Prust, here’s a final message from Hunter:

“He’s a heart-and-soul kid … he’ll do anything for the team. He puts the team ahead of anything. If the team needs a fight to lift the team he’ll do it … if it needs a big hit he’ll do it … block a shot … he does the intangibles that coaches love. He’s heart and soul … he’ll play with the young kids and he’ll help them.

“He gives you confidence. We played against him last year in the playoffs against the Rangers … he was doing everything. He would block a shot with his face if it saved a goal … he’s that kind of kid. He did that with us here (in London) and he continued it in the National Hockey League.

“Montreal will love him because the fans willsee that.â€

The line forms on the right.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

Cool, I think White or Moen sit

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Let's hope Eller can give a spark to that line since they haven't been all that good thus far

I know that Eller has proven to be much better as a center when playing with us. But hasn't he played really well on the wing in Finland during the lockout?

I'm certain Eller will bounce back.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
This game will show what the habs are made of... Subbanless, the devils play a similar but much more talented style as the canadiens. They struggled a little more than we did vs the caps. If we win this one my hopes of making the playoffs will have jumped from 40% to 80%. But I fear we will not brake them, our transition play apart from the Plek line is struggling, unless Eller makes a big impact I don't think we'll win it.

3-2 NJD

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
The Devils employ a consistent 2-1-2/sometimes 3-2 forecheck under Deboer. He lets them go all out most of the time. Lots of puck side attack in the defensive zone, too. They like outnumbering the player with the puck as opposed to sitting in the middle and collapsing.

Looking forward to the game!

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
It still says he might play depending on how he feels tomorrow. Guess we will find out more in the morning

If he has the same flu I had 2 weeks ago? Make sure you're coughing and sneezing while on the toilet. Oh, remember to somehow get your pajama bottoms off while running to the toilet before sitting. This was the clincher for me to see a doctor. :laugh:

void

Jan 5, 2006
LOL

Agalchy:
Hahah ever wonder what the two Gally's are up to after practice? Here you go @AGally94 @Bgally17 http://t.co/18K5hFvw

BBj-Sm-CQAEwPtO.jpg

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
It is the curse from getting Muller for Richet.

But both teams won cups with each player, and then we screwed ourselves by trading Odelein to NJ back for Richer. Habs curse themselves on a regular basis, no help needed.

baldrick

Jul 1, 2005
The Devils employ a consistent 2-1-2/sometimes 3-2 forecheck under Deboer. He lets them go all out most of the time. Lots of puck side attack in the defensive zone, too. They like outnumbering the player with the puck as opposed to sitting in the middle and collapsing.

Looking forward to the game!

Habs D have had trouble with that kind of forecheck, a good early test. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad