Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Montreal - 27th January - 18:00 - Muster your forces, General!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Is it just me, or is all this talk about NJ playing a boring trap system a wee bit outdated? They really haven't played like that for a few years now. It's not as bad as it used to be, not even close.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Is it just me, or is all this talk about NJ playing a boring trap system a wee bit outdated? They really haven't played like that for a few years now. It's not as bad as it used to be, not even close.

Not as bad but still boring and against us it always seems like boring hockey. Hopefully with the younger kids now things get more interesting

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL

Habs-Devils games are still boring, hence why NJ still plays the trap.

PricePkPatch*

Regardless of the Habs style of play, there's something about the Devils that put them to sleep more often than not.

And you base this assessment on... how we played last year? And the year before? and the year before?!

Girl, we got a freakkin' energy 4th line this year. Plus Gallagher, who seems to have a lit firecracker up his ass. Don't bet too heavily on assessment made during the Martin years

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
We've played well the last two games. But one was against a team with injuries, playing bad for some reason. The other has been against a disorganized and unmotivated team. We capitalized against both. We had a slow start. Our team has been playing better each game. But there's still the question of the 1st line. Their performances have improved each game, but not by enough.

Now, we're facing the Devils, who are playing really good hockey. Then, there's Brodeur, who always plays stellar against the Habs, even more so in our home games.

I expect us to lose. A cold awakening that will humble us.

Lose 3-0.

Though, I really hope win. I really do. I just don't see it.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
And you base this assessment on... how we played last year? And the year before? and the year before?!

Girl, we got a freakkin' energy 4th line this year. Plus Gallagher, who seems to have a lit firecracker up his ass. Don't bet too heavily on assessment made during the Martin years

I'm assessing this on the games the Habs played vs freaking Brodeur :laugh:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Eller is playing tomorrow.

John Bartlett ‏@BartsBytes
Lars Eller will play for #Habs tomorrow. Decision was made yesterday by Therrien before Pacioretty flu. Wants healthy competition.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Eller is playing tomorrow.

John Bartlett ‏@BartsBytes
Lars Eller will play for #Habs tomorrow. Decision was made yesterday by Therrien before Pacioretty flu. Wants healthy competition.

There goes the whole "won't change the lineup after a win" ideology.

And frankly, I am ok with that. I never really understood that concept.

So, who sits? White? DD? Gallagher?

Don't think Gallagher deserves to sit, and White gets minimal minutes to start with. I doubt DD gets yanked.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Let's be honest, Habs las 2 wins were not that exciting. Fun , sure, because winning is great but exciting ? The only exciting moments were basically all created by Markov on the PP. We haven't played against a good team yet so that sure is a factor to take in consideration though.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Yhea... so past years.

How about we wait to see how we perform this year?

Sure, why not. However a MTL-NJ game on a Sunday night isn't appealing to me.

I'll be honest with you, I didn't want hockey this year. While I'm slowly getting back into it, I can't help but be skeptical about the team because of last year. The two wins were nice but it will need more for me to be fully confident on the team and its ability to win games and make the playoffs.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
I can't help but be skeptical about the team because of last year. The two wins were nice but it will need more for me to be fully confident on the team and its ability to win games and make the playoffs.

I tend to agree. I won't get excited until we start playing some back to backs, and we are the exhausted team, not the opposition.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I think Eller takes Gallagher's spot tomorrow if Pacioretty is good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad