Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Montreal - 27th January - 18:00 - Muster your forces, General!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Let's be honest, Habs las 2 wins were not that exciting. Fun , sure, because winning is great but exciting ? The only exciting moments were basically all created by Markov on the PP. We haven't played against a good team yet so that sure is a factor to take in consideration though.

Well, the caps and panthers were listless for the majority of their time against montreal, so that doesn't help with the entertainment factor.

Also, when you have a 3 goal lead going into the 3rd period, which was the case in both games, then the 3rd is usually a snorefest anyways, especially if the opposition has no fight back.

Devils games are always frustrating for montreal since brodeur came into the league, no matter what system they employ or who is behind the bench, so I don't expect the excitement level to be rampant for this one either.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
The Devils employ a consistent 2-1-2/sometimes 3-2 forecheck under Deboer. He lets them go all out most of the time. Lots of puck side attack in the defensive zone, too. They like outnumbering the player with the puck as opposed to sitting in the middle and collapsing.

Looking forward to the game!

..sooo, trap?

Man, Brodeur is never gonna retire just to keep on trolling us. :sarcasm:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
So with MaxPac out I guess either eller or glachenyuk goes to the top 6. Personally I'd love to see

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
DD-Eller-Cole

-This allows for the plek line to stay intact, we need their production to continue especially with Pacioretty out.

-I like sliding Eller to C, in the top 6, with capable wingers. It forces him to 'put up or shut up' after sitting him and gives him a sort of fresh start to see what he can do. No joke intended but there are 'no excuses' for him not produce. Some talk has been that he grumbles about not playing C or not being in the top6, and that goes out the window with this lineup.

-If Eller really is top6 material, a few games in this position should show it. For me, it's not necessarily whether that 2nd line would click or not and rack up points but if Eller can handle the minutes and provide some scoring chances with DD and Cole, than it's worth keeping him there. It could take some games to get true production, even if Eller looks good there.

-If not, than Galchenyuk will have his turn or the Plek line breaks up. Hopefully this is how MT sees it, I would hate to see the Plek line break up right now.

Last edited:

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
To the clueless fans in this thread..maybe if you guys can actually beat us in Montreal it wont be boring. So I look forward to our 'boring' game tomorrow.

To the rest of you, I am really looking forward to this game. I usually make one trip up to Montreal every year but couldn't this year. :( We have two hot goalies on our hands and two Gionta's! I'm also looking forward to see Markov play. Should be a fun game, good luck!

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
I've thought NJ games recently have been pretty fun to watch. Not sure where everyones getting the boring part... Sure they were boring games years ago when all they did was play the trap, but they don't anymore...

Anyways, hopefully the Gally's become Brodeur killers for one of his last years in the league :laugh:

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
I've thought NJ games recently have been pretty fun to watch. Not sure where everyones getting the boring part... Sure they were boring games years ago when all they did was play the trap, but they don't anymore...

Anyways, hopefully the Gally's become Brodeur killers for one of his last years in the league :laugh:

They now trap the Habs in their own zone with a relentless forecheck (at least they did last year). I hope the Habs can break out more often tomorrow though with the loss of MaxPac this could go pretty bad.

SterioDesign

Sep 15, 2010
Moncton, NB
Hilarious to see the amount of habs fans who still whine about the "devils boring trap" while not being able to even describe what the trap system is lol they just "go with it" calling them boring cause thats what other ignorant people do... NJ hasnt played the trap in a long time. then just so you know when mtl made it to the conference finals few years ago... They were playing a trap system but does those fans knows that? Lol of course not they are ignorant.

Gotta give credit to the few fans here who pointed out that the devils were not playing like that anymore, it shows that you know youre ****.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
Hilarious to see the amount of habs fans who still whine about the "devils boring trap" while not being able to even describe what the trap system is lol they just "go with it" calling them boring cause thats what other ignorant people do... NJ hasnt played the trap in a long time. then just so you know when mtl made it to the conference finals few years ago... They were playing a trap system but does those fans knows that? Lol of course not they are ignorant.

Gotta give credit to the few fans here who pointed out that the devils were not playing like that anymore, it shows that you know youre ****.

They might play the trap, but they are still boring to watch.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Marty F. Brodeur.. Ilya F. Kovalchuk.. No Patches.. Doesn't look good.

I'm not going to make a prediction on this one though. I just hope Price stays hot and the PP keeps going. I wouldn't mind this one going to OT or even a shootout to see what AGal27 can do against arguably the best of all time. Marty always kills us, especially in the bell, but new team, new year (I hope anyway)

Here's to a good one tonight fellas! Prust vs. Jansson round 2? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad