Devils 3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
A good coach addresses the special teams instead of crying about the officiating.
?

It’s called working the officials. I can’t tell how well works (and neither can you) but it’s a thing that coaches do.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
The officiating across the whole league has been terrible. These guys are just as out of their routines as the players.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The one good thing about this year's schedule is since you have plenty of games to make up ground on teams around you since you play them so many times.

Have to actually win the games though as you can get buried pretty fast too.

Hopefully Blackwood and Nico aren't too far off so they at least have a shot at putting a run together.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
You guys remember when we had a full 2 minute 5 on 3 without a shot and our best shooter screening the goalie. Good times

Reactions: mdj12784

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You guys remember when we had a full 2 minute 5 on 3 without a shot and our best shooter screening the goalie. Good times

Extremely annoying but they made up for it by the end.

Other things cost them late. Lack of finish, penalties both dumb and undeserved, and Wedge not making a big save when we finally got a lead.

Reactions: Blender

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The one good thing about this year's schedule is since you have plenty of games to make up ground on teams around you since you play them so many times.

Have to actually win the games though as you can get buried pretty fast too.

Hopefully Blackwood and Nico aren't too far off so they at least have a shot at putting a run together.

Regardless of how they do in this stretch of games with guys MIA the season won’t come into focus until the finish. As Bratt showed today it takes time to get back into the groove even for really good players. When Nico gets back he will need some time to hit his stride. Vats also. Plus you have other young guys that figure to improve over the course of the season with real playing time and a coach who gives them a long leash so they can learn how to succeed rather than play to avoid mistakes. Let’s see how they do when everyone is back and the young guys get used to the NHL game and can stretch their legs. Despite these losses it’s a good time to be a Devils fan.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Kuokkanen only needs 21 more goals to become the top Finnish goal scorer in Devils history. :sarcasm:

In reality, kids good, vets (looking at you Palms and Goose) bad.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Regardless of how they do in this stretch of games with guys MIA the season won’t come into focus until the finish. As Bratt showed today it takes time to get back into the groove even for really good players. When Nico gets back he will need some time to hit his stride. Vats also. Plus you have other young guys that figure to improve over the course of the season with real playing time and a coach who gives them a long leash so they can learn how to succeed rather than play to avoid mistakes. Let’s see how they do when everyone is back and the young guys get used to the NHL game and can stretch their legs. Despite these losses it’s a good time to be a Devils fan.

Hughes and Smith looking so good is a gigantic plus for this season no matter what.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Hughes and Smith looking so good is a gigantic plus for this season no matter what.

I think the quiet emergence of the super buddies is going to be important also. Those guys are winning multiple physical shifts every game now. Pity McLeod has stonier hands than Zajac or they’d score more. That’s the depth that will pay off once NJ figures out the wings for Nico and Jack.

Reactions: billingtons ghost
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad