Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
iHd5Rlw.gif

Get your asses in gear Palms and Goose.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Didn't catch any of the game. I see Palms and Gusev sucked again but someone give me a cliff notes version of today.

swiiscompos

Dec 9, 2018
London, UK
It was a fun game! But why do people complain about who we put on the SO? Since we all agree we probably won't make it to the playoffs, this is a great way to get better lottery luck without compromising on playing quality.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Bratt looked excellent for much of the game, but we were brutally reminded that he is indeed still shaking off rust.

I think it’s pretty clear he tried the OT deke at normal speed, but then slowed himself down a bit in the shootout to avoid losing control again.

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Ruff seems to really like and trust McLeod considering his 17 minutes of ice time tonight. I thought he had a really strong game as well. He will never live up to his draft position but these last few games have given me some hope he can be a good 3C in the future. The coaching change from Hynes to Ruff may have been exactly what he needed

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
It was a fun game! But why do people complain about who we put on the SO? Since we all agree we probably won't make it to the playoffs, this is a great way to get better lottery luck without compromising on playing quality.

People will always complain about who gets put out on the shootout if you don't score a goal in the shootout. Always. It's just goddamn random and Hughes has been bad in the shootout, there's no difference between him and anyone else.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Jack Hughes was the best player on the ice this afternoon—seems to be a trend—and that needs to be rewarded.

He’s also still developing his scoring touch, so he needs to be putting NHL pucks into NHL nets as often as possible. Gimmicky, cheesy shootout goals and PP snipes alike.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Didn't catch any of the game. I see Palms and Gusev sucked again but someone give me a cliff notes version of today.

Forgot to play in the first. Did not get a single SOG on a full 2 minute 5 on 3. Pretty much played even with the sabres the rest of the way. Subban was better. Palms was better. Gusev was fighting the puck. Zacha seems indifferent. The super friends started the game apart but we're united by the third and looked good again. Did not look too great apart. 17 is struggling a bit. Bratt wasn't quite as good as against the flyers, but was good. Hughes was the best player on the ice but shot one back into the goalie on an open net. We might as well not even show up to shootouts. Wedgewood is not an NHL backup.

Last edited:
Reactions: billingtons ghost

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
I don't think its a longshot for us to make the playoffs, we still have some very good hockey players who are on the verge of returning and our kids have all stepped up and Mac seems to be the real deal, this can be a very good hockey team, we've been in most of the games we've played.

Reactions: billingtons ghost
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad