Post-Game Talk: Devils lose to the Flames (3-2)

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
LOL.

JJ benched, Henrique back to wing, Gionta and Elias at C.

Can't make this **** up.

Fayne still benched.

HAHAHA

It's nauseating.
The way Fayne gets treated is just stupid. I don't get it at all. He plays him 20 mins, he makes one error, and gets benched. ****licky, Harrold, and Volchenkov **** up repeatedly and they continue to play. yes, the defense isn't the greatest, but this fraud is not utilizing his line up to its full potential.

JMarce

Feb 4, 2012
Another summer of losing one of our better defensemen (Fayne) coming up.

it's too bad they completely destroyed his value, if they weren't gonna play him they could have at least traded him for some return a while ago.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I'm not going to be mad if they lose Fayne over the summer the thing that pisses me off is he is better than some of the guys not playing and is in the pressbox. They honestly can't tell anyone with a straight face that Volch and Harrold are better than him can they?

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Jim, I guess it wasn't Kovy's fault last year. Your theory of his ice time somehow screwing everything up is looking pretty wrong right now. Premature victory lap.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
I'm not going to be mad if they lose Fayne over the summer the thing that pisses me off is he is better than some of the guys not playing and is in the pressbox. They honestly can't tell anyone with a straight face that Volch and Harrold are better than him can they?

Just put yourself in his shoes. He can talk to the media all he wants about how he has to be "better", but he knows his leash is shorter than most of the guys in the line up. I'm tired of hearing about how certain guys will play themselves out of the line up. It's not happening with bozo behind the bench. The more options he has, the worse he is at coaching.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
I will say one thing though. Even dating back to the Kovalchuk and Parise years Elias was and still is our best forward.

JMarce

Feb 4, 2012
Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice
Shooter makes it, keeps going. Misses, leaves ice.

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice
A littie shootout competition.

at least we know they're practicing the shootout

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice now
Peter Harrold (No. 10) first one to score Beat Schneider.

LOL . Well he will be in the lineup for the next 15 games

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Jim, I guess it wasn't Kovy's fault last year. Your theory of his ice time somehow screwing everything up is looking pretty wrong right now. Premature victory lap.

So ridiculous that you are trying to make this point after 5 games....but I'll play.

You realize the devils are scoring at about the same rate with no one playing more than 16 minutes a game...right?

JMarce

Feb 4, 2012
Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice
Volchenkov bests Schneider stick side. so does Clowe.

uhhh what?

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Overall I thought he was incredible that year. Looked noticeably hurt in the playoffs. But his body of work through the first 82 games was outstanding.

I thought he was great too, but Parise-Henrique-Kovy was dynamite. Parise and Kovy drew the top lines of other teams and were better players to me.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
So ridiculous that you are trying to make this point after 5 games....but I'll play.

You realize the devils are scoring at about the same rate with no one playing more than 16 minutes a game...right?

I do realize that we acquired 5 guys and are scoring at about the same rate, while getting ZERO wins . Where's the devils attitude of old? Where's the culture change? Sounds like a load of crap to me. We lost an elite player and in no way was it to our short run benefit.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I do realize that we acquired 5 guys and are scoring at about the same rate, while getting ZERO wins . Where's the devils attitude of old? Where's the culture change? Sounds like a load of crap to me. We lost an elite player and in no way was it to our short run benefit.

Do you really expect 3 years erased in 5 games? That's just stupid. Plain ol stupid

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They're 1-8-7 in 16 games without Kovalchuk the last two seasons...yeah I'd say the victory lap was premature.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
5 games and you are drawing conclusions. Please ... the devils are a far better team today than they were 6 months ago.

If we lose 1 or 2 more games Deboer is out so yeah I'm drawing conclusions. If this was happening with Kovy as captain this year, you're telling me you wouldn't be shouting he should be stripped? Yeahhh ok guy. You were the one claiming the sv % argument was dumb AFTER 1 GAME!!!

B A T M A N

They're 1-8-7 in 16 games without Kovalchuk the last two seasons...yeah I'd say the victory lap was premature.
Chuk has 13 points in 10 games in the KHL. It's not like he's detrimental to this teams success.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
DeBoer's status isn't day to day yet. Maybe week-to-week. Wait till Thanksgiving, unless we just have an insane Isles from two seasons ago like fourteen-game winless streak there won't be a change until then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad