Post-Game Talk: Devils lose to Rags 4-0 (Make a Damn Save! Play some Defense!)

*Your* stars of the game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Oh it's the Okposo contract that is holding them back?

You are def right about the bold though.
We aren’t a good team, weren’t expected to be a good team, and were playing without our best player this season and guy who was our top scorer (after moving Palmieri, Zajac, and Kulikov). I’d just stop getting emotionally involved in these games, it’s a lost year. Here comes the rant about the 12 year rebuild no one wants to hear.

Last edited:

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
The Devils need better wingers next year. We don’t have any top 6 wingers except Bratt.

Zacha, Sharangovich and Kuokanen, while I like them are all 3rd liners.

Reactions: Ol Dirty Bstrd

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
We aren’t a good team, weren’t expected to be a good team, and were playing without our best player this season and guy who was our top scorer (after moving Palmieri, Zajac, and Kulikov). I’d just stop getting emotionally involved in these games, it’s a lost year. Here comes the rant about the 12 year devils no one wants to hear.

It certainly looked like the Devils played that way tonight. But sure historic losses to Rag's are to be expected, part of the process.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The Devils need better wingers next year. We don’t have any top 6 wingers except Bratt.

Ya I was wondering if Shara and Kouk could earn the oppurtunity to be Hughes's wingers going forward. I think tonight's game provided the answer to that.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ

I don't think any of them are 3rd liners tbh. Most NHL teams really only have four TRUE top six forwards and then pair them off with complimentary players. I think Kuokkanen is an outstanding complimentary piece that can play in the top 6 when paired with Nico or Jack and then another good winger. Granted most people don't think this way but pair off guys and then find a 3rd that compliments them, Kuokkanen does that perfectly by being great along the walls and a good passer. If he can ever figure out how to shoot he would honestly be a true top six winger.

Reactions: Figgie

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
We aren’t a good team, weren’t expected to be a good team, and were playing without our best player this season and guy who was our top scorer (after moving Palmieri, Zajac, and Kulikov). I’d just stop getting emotionally involved in these games, it’s a lost year. Here comes the rant about the 12 year devils no one wants to hear.
They really missed Zacha tonight that's for sure.

Reactions: TheDuke93

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
I don't think any of them are 3rd liners tbh. Most NHL teams really only have four TRUE top six forwards and then pair them off with complimentary players. I think Kuokkanen is an outstanding complimentary piece that can play in the top 6 when paired with Nico or Jack and then another good winger. Granted most people don't think this way but pair off guys and then find a 3rd that compliments them, Kuokkanen does that perfectly by being great along the walls and a good passer. If he can ever figure out how to shoot he would honestly be a true top six winger.

They really need a couple good finishers on the top 2 lines. I get they have been unlucky this year but still, the shooting talent is just not there.

Reactions: TheDuke93

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
They really need a couple good finishers on the top 2 lines. I get they have been unlucky this year but still, the shooting talent is just not there.
That's totally fair, I think we are going to be a deep team when it's time to push and compete. I really whole heartedly believe that Holtz will be a 25g scorer as his floor, he really can shoot and score from anywhere. If he can figure it out though 40+ is certainly within the realm of possibility. I think Foote and Mercer both have 20+ upside. Jack and Nico both can do it. Finisher are certainly a problem, guys not finishing is definitely a problem but something that gets overlooked is the fact that even when Bratt and Zacha were playing once Bastian went down we really only had two NHL caliber lines. We don't score those goals were Jack's line maintains possession and wears the other team down just to have Thompson and Johnsson jump over the boards take over and immediately turn the puck over. It happens 2-3 times a game just to Jack's line.

Reactions: Mgd31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad