Post-Game Talk: Devils lose 5-1 in an uninspired effort ("Goat" Poll)

Your 3 "Goats" of this debacle...err, I mean game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
That was a veteran heavy team. So…
Oh right I forget how long ago that was. Nevermind.
Still I question if someone like torts is a net positive with such a young squad. They need to learn the discipline he would bring, but everything else he brings to the table we could probably do without. I honest don’t know.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Oh right I forget how long ago that was. Nevermind.
Still I question if someone like torts is a net positive with such a young squad. They need to learn the discipline he would bring, but everything else he brings to the table we could probably do without. I honest don’t know.
I wouldn’t oppose hiring him. We need a shift in philosophy from Hynes-Nas-Ruff. If it doesn’t work out then its Dineen time.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Torts would make it interesting and he is a solid coach.....Still hope Blackwood can get healthy and then gain consistency.,,This is why I favored Devils landing Wallstedt last year....When he fell they should have traded up to get him

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I think a lot of people are going to look back and laugh that they ever considered Torts at all.

It didn’t work out for whatever reason but Laviolette was the right idea I’d say. Someone who has a track record to preserve, where getting results now is the driver of development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad